Hello,

I have done two masters (MS & MBA) and WES recognised my education details as

For Masters 1:
Credential: Master of Science Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Master's degree

For MBA
Credential: Information Technology
Canadian Equivalency: One and one-half years of graduate study
Remarks : The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential.

Kindly let me know if I have to include both education details in my express entry profile?

If yes,
how should i add my MBA degree in express entry profile?
Should I answer Yes/No for this : Has XXX had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) within the past five years for this degree, diploma or certificate

Or can I omit entire MBA education in express entry profile?

Thanks is advance

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
You need to claim the highest level of education which will be a question following that question you mentioned and you need to select from the list '' Master's Degree'' since your Masters1 is equivalent to Master's Degree in Canada and therefore give you the right to claim points for it.

LizaSoberano

Mar 23, 2019
Hello,

For Masters 1:

For MBA
Remarks : The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential.

Kindly let me know if I have to include both education details in my express entry profile?

If yes,
Should I answer Yes/No for this : Has XXX had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) within the past five years for this degree, diploma or certificate

Thanks is advance

Refer to the Canadian Equivalency Summary written in your WES Assessment. If it only says Master’s Degree then only include that.

We got a similar case, I only claimed points with the one with Canadian Equivalency. And the other one, I just indicated it in my personal history.

Immigrant8579

Jul 31, 2018
You need to claim the highest level of education which will be a question following that question you mentioned and you need to select from the list '' Master's Degree'' since your Masters1 is equivalent to Master's Degree in Canada and therefore give you the right to claim points for it.
Thanks for reply. So you are suggesting to include only my masters 1 degree which is equivalent to Canadian's Master degree. How do you want me to proceed with MBA degree which is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential. Should I include this express entry profile or omit it?

Immigrant8579

Jul 31, 2018
Refer to the Canadian Equivalency Summary written in your WES Assessment. If it only says Master’s Degree then only include that.

We got a similar case, I only claimed points with the one with Canadian Equivalency. And the other one, I just indicated it in my personal history.
Thanks for your reply. Doing this way cause any issues in the application?

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Thanks for reply. So you are suggesting to include only my masters 1 degree which is equivalent to Canadian's Master degree. How do you want me to proceed with MBA degree which is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential. Should I include this express entry profile or omit it?
You can include both of them and select the appropriate level of education from the list to be the same as mentioned on your ECA report. The system will generate points to the highest of both.

Both activities will go into your personal history automatically once you are at eAPR stage, so it won't matter anyway if you didn't include both of these credentials , however an IRCC officer might be confused as to why you didn't include all degrees listed on your ECA report and that might trigger a review required and could potentially result in delaying your application for really no reason.

Immigrant8579

Jul 31, 2018
You can include both of them and select the appropriate level of education from the list to be the same as mentioned on your ECA report. The system will generate points to the highest of both.

Both activities will go into your personal history automatically once you are at eAPR stage, so it won't matter anyway if you didn't include both of these credentials , however an IRCC officer might be confused as to why you didn't include all degrees listed on your ECA report and that might trigger a review required and could potentially result in delaying your application for really no reason.

I would like to include MBA(Not comparable to Canadian degree) in my EE profile, but not sure which option should I select for "Has XXX had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) within the past five years for this degree, diploma or certificate"

If I select Yes, "Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate?" is None

RIVAVE

Jun 13, 2019
Hello,

For Masters 1:

For MBA

If yes,

Thanks is advance
Hi,
May I know as what have you done finally ?