+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help! visitor visa

FlyingLotus

Nov 24, 2013
Hi everyone!

I’m currently living in Chile, I was in Canada for a year on a working holiday visa, since that I’ve been in Chile for 6 months. I want a tourist visa so I can visit my girlfriend during the summer break. I have $6000 in a Canadian bank account I got during my year over there. I’ll start working the second semester of the next year in an English teaching institute in Chile so I have like 6 months to stay in Canada. Do you guys think I’ll be able to get the tourist visa? Should I improve something?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
When you come from a country that requires a temp residence visa you have to show strong ties to your home country. I am not an expert, but I wonder what message it sends to the VO when he reads that you have kept $6000 in a Canadian bank rather than transfer it home when you left. Just a thought. What do others say? Good luck.

NeedleArtist

Star Member
Oct 9, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
When you come from a country that requires a temp residence visa you have to show strong ties to your home country. I am not an expert, but I wonder what message it sends to the VO when he reads that you have kept $6000 in a Canadian bank rather than transfer it home when you left. Just a thought. What do others say? Good luck.
It is also unclear from your post whether you are a Chilean citizen/PR or are from another country and in Chile on a work/visitor visa. If the latter is the case you may have difficulty proving strong ties to your country of citizenship, as you seem to be bouncing back and forth from one foreign country to the next. If Chile is, in fact your home country, disregard this point :D.