+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help: Visa rejection subsection 216(1) of the irpr, based on the purpose of your visit

mikekamal

Aug 26, 2018
Egypt
today I got refusal explained only as the following :
• i am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the irpr, based on the purpose of your visit.
what can I do ??
I am from Egypt
I already showed them that I have 46K and my study total cost is 28 k in 2 years , I own home and a car and all my family live here in Egypt and I travel a lot in the last 5 years to around 16 countries with repeated visits to some countries and I wrote letter of explanation about my situation and I am graduated with bachelor degree from pharmacy college and I now I am a partner in pharmaceutical company (which i gave its officail papers + tax and bank accounts to vfs )so I wanted to improve my business management abilities so I applied for business administration diploma
so how can I over come this rejection ?!!!

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
It is your course. You have a bachelor degree, but have applied for a diploma. The course has to be an advancement of your education.....this is not. Also, you own a company, so they are thinking, why would you leave Egypt to do a diploma i Canada.

mikekamal

Aug 26, 2018
Egypt
It is your course. You have a bachelor degree, but have applied for a diploma. The course has to be an advancement of your education.....this is not. Also, you own a company, so they are thinking, why would you leave Egypt to do a diploma i Canada.
I choose diploma because it is shorter in time plus I do not have pervious business education and since I own a company I needed just the basics not a very advanced time consuming education like masters and I can not leave my company for more than 2 years and I explained such thing in my letter of explanation ,
should I change my course to MBA ? I mean he did not refuse me based on my education that is not the written reason

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Purpose of visit basically means your course. In my opinion you need to change it. Choosing a course just because it's shorter is a huge red flag. Looks like you are just doing it to get into Canada. Did you include an SOP explaining why you are choosing Canada to do this course? You will have to be pretty convincing in the SOP in my opinion. Who is looking after your company while you are away? Did you explain this too?

niruda

Star Member
Sep 17, 2019
today I got refusal explained only as the following :
• i am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the irpr, based on the purpose of your visit.
what can I do ??
I am from Egypt
I already showed them that I have 46K and my study total cost is 28 k in 2 years , I own home and a car and all my family live here in Egypt and I travel a lot in the last 5 years to around 16 countries with repeated visits to some countries and I wrote letter of explanation about my situation and I am graduated with bachelor degree from pharmacy college and I now I am a partner in pharmaceutical company (which i gave its officail papers + tax and bank accounts to vfs )so I wanted to improve my business management abilities so I applied for business administration diploma
so how can I over come this rejection ?!!!
I also got refused for purpose of visit. I applied from India. I wrote a very strong SOP and submitted all docs but still they refused my application. I am so frustrated.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I also got refused for purpose of visit. I applied from India. I wrote a very strong SOP and submitted all docs but still they refused my application. I am so frustrated.
You many think you wrote a strong SOP, but everyone does. Post it here and we can see. What course are you applying for? What is your education background? List all the docs you included too. AS with the other poster, purpose of visit usually means the SOP isn't strong or the course is not appropriate to your education.