+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help - Urgent - proof of funds

hrc7777

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
All members,,,thanks in advance.
I was asked to submit the following.

> Please provide explanation of origin of the deposit of 600000 rupees in the deposit statement you provided from ICICI India Bank.
> Please provide a detailed bank statement showing your account history since Jan'2015.

Problem:
1) This money was transferred to my account by my dad back in Sept. 2014 as fixed deposit so it doesn't reflect in passbook entries.
2) I used to work full time and send money to my dad regularly over the past five years while working in UK but after submitting my EE application in april, I moved back to India in July so now I don't have a bank account in UK to show entries.

What kind of proof I need to show to fulfill the requirement?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1) Write this explanation up in a letter and include a letter from your father confirming this transfer is a gift and not a loan.
2) Your bank in the UK can provide you with statements as a past customer.

hrc7777

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
scylla said:
1) Write this explanation up in a letter and include a letter from your father confirming this transfer is a gift and not a loan.
2) Your bank in the UK can provide you with statements as a past customer.
Thanks a lot Scylla.

Can I show the routing or it will be too complicated? i.e. My salary entry in UK bank > Transfer of money from UK to my father's account in India using a website> And then proof of Fixed deposit transfer from his to my account in India + letter from my dad.

How should the letter be like? notarized, stamped?

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
Here's my situation as it was ...

My average Balance in the account was low 6 months prior to ITA and then I got INR 6,00,000 as a bank transfer from my father a week before filing my application. CIC asked me to provide 'Source of funds for the deposit of INR 6,00,000 on 18th April'.
They didn't ask to provide any particular XYZ documents. So, I had to be logical and think from all perspectives:

This is what I provided in one single PDF:
1) An e-stamped affidavit citing my father as Deponent about that particular transaction via Cheque XXX dated XXX drawn on Bank XXX.
2) An e-stamped Gift deed showing my father as Donor, me as a Donee. Also stating that these funds were out of his past savings, mentioning his PAN number and that he doesn't expect the money in return.
3) Net-worth certificates of me, my father and my mother as on 22nd August, for the reason that my family hasn't exhausted all their savings to support me and that they can survive easily.
4) My Bank statement till August 22, 2015 showing the funds being untouched and only a large number of credits happening with very few debits.
5) I detailed LOE with all the transactions and explanation.

I couldn't possibly have provided anything else pertaining to 'Source of funds'. Keeping fingers crossed that the VO got all his answers.

hrc7777

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Thanks. I've also been asked to show detailed bank statement showing account history since Feb. 2015. Now the problem is, I can show my UK bank statements including my salary deposits and money I transferred to my father at regular intervals. But my current balance is very low in UK bank (below INR 50000) as I moved back to India after filing my EE application in April. How can I explain the above situation convincingly?

hrc7777

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Just to be clear - So I can show INR 650000 balance in India bank account but i can't show transactions as i used to transfer money to my dad from UK and he then in a single transaction created INR 650000 deposit for me.

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
Explain them as you did here. Just keep it simple in the LOE. Don't hide anything and in the end write :
'I understand that I should have been earnest in including these documents earlier.'

This way you would show CIC that it was not intentional at your part to not include the documents.

hrc7777

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Thanks a lot man. I truly appreciate. I just hope that they understand that my UK balance is low because I transferred to India. And I will also include declaration letter from my father. Does e-stamp mean notarized letter?

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
No, e-stamp and notarized docs are different.
1) E-Stamp paper (Gift Deed) @ Rs.100
2) Article 4 Affidavit e-stamp paper @ Rs.10
You can get them at any stationery shop that issues them. Find out, they are available everywhere.

Notarized means attestation. That would be done after you get the e-stamp paper and the write up ready and signed. Personally, I think notarization of these docs is not necessary as you would be uploading the original scanned copy.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
anujgupta,

I also have a question . My funds are in my salary acct . I am ssame case like u , my 6 month avg is little less than required fund . But however current fund is more than the required fund --- this means that I built my funds over months through my salary savings .... There is no gift or loan involved .

But my worries is from the same account only I manage my CC payments and other foreign money transfer ( My acct is USA and transfer money to india ) ... But in no way these caused my funds to fall below the required fund value ....

If I submit my last 6 month statements , it will show my CC payments ( ofcourse it is my living expenses) .. Is that a big issue ? will CIC reject saying I am paying CC loan every month.?

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
sraj07 said:
anujgupta,

I also have a question . My funds are in my salary acct . I am ssame case like u , my 6 month avg is little less than required fund . But however current fund is more than the required fund --- this means that I built my funds over months through my salary savings .... There is no gift or loan involved .

But my worries is from the same account only I manage my CC payments and other foreign money transfer ( My acct is USA and transfer money to india ) ... But in no way these caused my funds to fall below the required fund value ....

If I submit my last 6 month statements , it will show my CC payments ( ofcourse it is my living expenses) .. Is that a big issue ? will CIC reject saying I am paying CC loan every month.?
Not at all sraj07. Why do you even worry when there is no loan/gift involved? CIC doesn't stop you from using your own money. Just make sure you mention your situation simply and clearly in LOE. You shouldn't worry at all!!

I hope you get ITA soon and in-turn PPR real quick.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
anujgupta,

Thanks , I already got ITA ... need to submit docss. What LOE I should write in this case ? reg my CC should I write ?

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
sraj07 said:
anujgupta,

Thanks , I already got ITA ... need to submit docss. What LOE I should write in this case ? reg my CC should I write ?
Oh Sorry, I dint know about your ITA! Congratulations.

LOE need not be any technical wrtite-up. Just explain clearly and simply what you wrote in your previous post, it was good enough. Remember to sign the doc before scanning. All the best!

hrc7777

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
I've been asked to submit Feb to August Bank Statements. Now each statement has six pages so total will be 42 pages + 3 explanation pages = grand total 45 pages. Will my file size exceed the maximum? Or should I just highlight important transactions and scan only important pages? Please advise.

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
hrc7777 said:
I've been asked to submit Feb to August Bank Statements. Now each statement has six pages so total will be 42 pages + 3 explanation pages = grand total 45 pages. Will my file size exceed the maximum? Or should I just highlight important transactions and scan only important pages? Please advise.
No highlighting business here. How can you tamper with official bank records. Keep things simple. Scan it with lowest 'ppi' option. Edit the pictures, compress it, make it less than 4MB somehow. There are many tools available.

Please don't tamper with ANY DOCUMENTS.

It's your application, treat it like your baby.