+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help urgent-CEC questions in Canada

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
Hi all,

I am working as Research Scientist in Canada now, and I am going to apply under CEC category in February 2022 as I complete 1 year work experience in Canada.

I have really important questions:

1. I lived in Australia for about 3 years as completed my postgraduate degree there. I left Australia in 2018 and never went back after that. I have police certificate from Australia, which I obtained in 2020 ( after I left Australia). Do I still have to obtain police certificate from Australia for CEC application?
  2. I worked in Singapore for 3 years. My job title was Research Assistant. My duties on employment reference letter matches better with NOC 2112 ( Chemist) instead of Research Assistant. And my education is Material Science and Physics. When I apply under CEC, Do I indicate my NOC 2112 ( Chemist) because my duties matches better ? When we state NOC , the main duties on employment letter is the most important to consider?
  3. I have postgraduate Master Degree from Australia. This is being evaluated by WES at the moment, and I did not get my Bachelor (from Turkey)evaluated by WES for ECA. Do I have to get my Bachelor evaluated as well ? OR As Master degree is the highest qualification for me, evaluation for ONLY Master Degree is enough for CEC Express Entry application ?
Thanks a lot.

rainbowsunicorns

Star Member
Aug 4, 2021
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Virtual Landing Unit / Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-08-2021
AOR Received.
04-08-2021
Med's Done....
06-2019
Hi all,

I am working as Research Scientist in Canada now, and I am going to apply under CEC category in February 2022 as I complete 1 year work experience in Canada.

I have really important questions:

1. I lived in Australia for about 3 years as completed my postgraduate degree there. I left Australia in 2018 and never went back after that. I have police certificate from Australia, which I obtained in 2020 ( after I left Australia). Do I still have to obtain police certificate from Australia for CEC application?
  2. I worked in Singapore for 3 years. My job title was Research Assistant. My duties on employment reference letter matches better with NOC 2112 ( Chemist) instead of Research Assistant. And my education is Material Science and Physics. When I apply under CEC, Do I indicate my NOC 2112 ( Chemist) because my duties matches better ? When we state NOC , the main duties on employment letter is the most important to consider?
  3. I have postgraduate Master Degree from Australia. This is being evaluated by WES at the moment, and I did not get my Bachelor (from Turkey)evaluated by WES for ECA. Do I have to get my Bachelor evaluated as well ? OR As Master degree is the highest qualification for me, evaluation for ONLY Master Degree is enough for CEC Express Entry application ?
Thanks a lot.
1. That should be sufficient per these guidelines:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

2. The job duties/description matters more than the title. But make sure thatb your reference letters explicitly state the duties and NOC code from your employers.

3. As far as I understand, highest level of education is sufficient.

Reactions: RnDtech

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
1. That should be sufficient per these guidelines:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

2. The job duties/description matters more than the title. But make sure thatb your reference letters explicitly state the duties and NOC code from your employers.

3. As far as I understand, highest level of education is sufficient.
1. I had looked at the IRCC website about police certificates. But, it is unclear whether I still need a new Police Certificate from Australia. Therefore, I need opinions from this forum.

2. Does reference letter from my previous employer have to state NOC code, as well? As far as I know, just duties, salary, working hours etc.

Thanks.

Reactions: rainbowsunicorns

rainbowsunicorns

Star Member
Aug 4, 2021
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Virtual Landing Unit / Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-08-2021
AOR Received.
04-08-2021
Med's Done....
06-2019
1. I had looked at the IRCC website about police certificates. But, it is unclear whether I still need a new Police Certificate from Australia. Therefore, I need opinions from this forum.

2. Does reference letter from my previous employer have to state NOC code, as well? As far as I know, just duties, salary, working hours etc.

Thanks.

From IRCC, it looks clear to me that you do not need a new PCC unless they request it later:
"For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:
- it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
- it is not for the country where you currently live

An officer may ask for a new one later on."

I made sure my employers included the NOC code on the letters they provided. But, according to the guide, you only need:
"job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits" and should be on letterhead, with contact info and signature.

I think if the job duties are clearly matching the NOC, then you should be ok.

Reactions: RnDtech

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
From IRCC, it looks clear to me that you do not need a new PCC unless they request it later:
"For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:
- it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
- it is not for the country where you currently live

An officer may ask for a new one later on."

I made sure my employers included the NOC code on the letters they provided. But, according to the guide, you only need:
"job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits" and should be on letterhead, with contact info and signature.

I think if the job duties are clearly matching the NOC, then you should be ok.
thanks a lot

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
And one more question:

WES evaluated my Major for my Master Degree as Management. And I have been working as Research Assistant and Scientist in the last 4-5 years. As mentioned, employment reference letters' duties are in line with scientist' job duties for Scientist NOC. But, Will WES evaluation of my Master Degree as Management Major negatively affect my application for Express Entry? So, will this assessment prevent me claiming my Research Scientist jobs??

Please help.