+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP TRYING TO GO TO CANADA

carmen1

Aug 27, 2008
hi my name is carmen and i was born in mexico me and my family came to the US when i was a little girl. unfortunatly here in the US it has been really hard trying to get any legal status and now its even worse. im married and have 1 child who was born here.... soo im now a medical assistant and i have been working in a doctors office for 2 years. im also going to school to become a pharmacy technician and ill be done in november. i also make jewelry. i would like to move to canada and start a new life,a better life, i heard that its beautifull in canada. and i think it would be great to start fesh over there. what i would like to know is what are my options..... is it better for me to ally as a skilled worker or is it better to have a job offer???? im open to any suggestion.. soo please help me.... thanks

carmen

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you apply as a skilled worker, it takes average 19 months to process if you apply from the US but since you don't have legal status in the US, I do not know if you can apply through there. If you apply through Mexico city, it's on average 21 months so not much longer but if you did that and if they did call you for an interview, you would have to go there. If you have a job offer, you can get a work permit faster than it takes waiting for skilled worker but you would have to find a job and employer who is willing to apply for your work permit.

carmen1

Aug 27, 2008
ohhhhh... thanks... but would it make a difference is we came with a visa but our visa expired a long time ago... my mom let it relapse and since then we havent been able to get anything... do i still have to go to mexico to apply for a job in canada?????

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do not have to go to Mexico to apply through Mexico City unless they call you for an interview. I applied through the London office, yet never had to go to London because they did not require me to take an interview.

If you came in on a legal visa, contact the Buffalo office at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/buffalo.asp and ask them if you can apply through there. Otherwise you have to do your application, send it to Mexico city and hope they will not ask you to interview.

henry

Sep 25, 2008
Hi my name is Higinio Lozano, and i am now living in mexico i would say that its unfurtunally because i grew up in the US, and now that i got deported the life style here has been severe on my life, because its totaly different than the life i knew of, i would like to get some help or the best advise on how would i be able to get into going to Canada to live and to finally acomplish the dreams that i had of some day being able to get a degree in the administration area, and design engeenering, im a High School graduate out of Florida ive been in many Jobs because thank be to God i was always succesful in every single one, one of my main Jobs was always House Builders in construction,also worked in carpentry, etc. what i realy want is an opportunity to start my life as new and young man that i am scince i wasnt able to do it in the uus because of my elegal case, now i wanna do things the proper way and thats why i request of your best help, theres a child in the US that i yet havent met because my deportation things here in mexico are making it harder for me to be together with my family and of being able to spend the time with my new born baby boy, thank you for your time and you service... sincerly Higinio Lozano

carmen1

Aug 27, 2008
hi henry...
well from what ive heard its faster to get a job offer first, its much faster and it will speed up the proccess to become eventually a prermanent resident... mu uncle as well got deported and was send back to mexico with their family. he used to do construccion as well but is now living in alberta.... try to do some investigation yourself to find out companies that offer immigrants to go to canada... like i said mu uncle got a job offer and is now living in canada i would suggest you find jobs in calgary alberta,, whitch ive heard that theres more jobs over there....i wish the best of luck and keep me posted in what happens.. ok???
sicerely
carmen