+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help! Traveling on expiring PR card

KS 007

Nov 15, 2017
Hi all,

I'd like to thank you for your time and help. I recently noticed my PR card is expiring on December 5th and I'm traveling to Mexico from December 12-19. I was told by CIC agent that I can cross the border in a private vehicle via US. This is what I've decided to do... Go on this trip and book a ticket back to Buffalo and drive from there. I will be missing my flight back to Toronto but Air Canada won't do any refunds.
I wanted to ask this community if you see any issues with my plan as I don't want to be stuck. I will be carrying my expired pr card and record of landing documents. I have a visitor visa to US. Can they deny me boarding with an expired pr card to either Mexico or on my return to Buffalo?
Ps-I just wrote my citizenship exam and oath ceremony is to happen sometime in the near future so I do not intend to apply for pr card renewal.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

I'd like to thank you for your time and help. I recently noticed my PR card is expiring on December 5th and I'm traveling to Mexico from December 12-19. I was told by CIC agent that I can cross the border in a private vehicle via US. This is what I've decided to do... Go on this trip and book a ticket back to Buffalo and drive from there. I will be missing my flight back to Toronto but Air Canada won't do any refunds.
I wanted to ask this community if you see any issues with my plan as I don't want to be stuck. I will be carrying my expired pr card and record of landing documents. I have a visitor visa to US. Can they deny me boarding with an expired pr card to either Mexico or on my return to Buffalo?
Ps-I just wrote my citizenship exam and oath ceremony is to happen sometime in the near future so I do not intend to apply for pr card renewal.
Hi

There are no issues with your plan. You are not required to show your PR card to fly to Mexico or the US.

Reactions: KS 007