+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help! Transition from PGWP to SOWP if spouse starts study

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Are you saying people on pgwp or study permit are prohibited from getting married?
So neither of them can get SOWP. Even though they never had dependents on their initial permits?
Actually I was replying to your above message. Why would it be neigher? They both are eligible for SOWP. Spouse of PGWP holder under C41 and spouse of study permit holder under C42

Reactions: Tofebi

Tofebi

Aug 18, 2022
I’m even more confused, I have read this article and by my understanding. It says either of them can get SOWP. Long as they never had a dependent on their previous visas. Right?

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
I’m even more confused, I have read this article and by my understanding. It says either of them can get SOWP. Long as they never had a dependent on their previous visas. Right?
Where does it say "either of them can get SOWP"?

For dependency, they have to provide necessary documentations i.e marriage certficates etc. As you said they had no dependents in previous applications, so there should be no issue with that

Secondly for work permit, they both have active status; both can work already. Why would they need to apply their SOWP at this time?

Tofebi

Aug 18, 2022
Actually I was replying to your above message. Why would it be neigher? They both are eligible for SOWP. Spouse of PGWP holder under C41 and spouse of study permit holder under C42
Thank you so much
Where does it say "either of them can get SOWP"?

For dependency, they have to provide necessary documentations i.e marriage certficates etc.

Secondly for work permit, they both have active status; both can work already. Why would they need to apply their SOWP at this time?
Each article individually states that their dependent can get SOWP.

Also, one of them has a shorter work visa. Expiring early next year.