+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help, sponsorship questions.!

pamid

Oct 5, 2011
Hi Everyone I really hope I can get some suggestions or anything you know or think here.
I am sponsoring my husband he is currently in Mexico and it has already been 15 months since we sent our application for sponsorship. Now we are pregnant and due December 29th. But they have made some stupid mistakes. Immigration ( the embassy of Canada in Mexico )is charging him $1500 dollars because he supposively owes money for the ticket when he left which is not true so we sent the proof of that 3 weeks ago. Also they say he has to pay 400$ processing fee for not leaving when he was ordered to due so which is also false and we have the proof of that and that he did check in with an immigration officer at the airport. He was here as a refugee.
Because of that they ask for a letter explaining why there are special considerations wich would justify his return to Canada. ( Has any one ever done a letter like this?). Because I know that for refugees sometime things work a bit differntly and he might have to write it anyways.

And have they ever made that mistake with you before like charging you a ticket they never payed for or saying you didnt leave on time. Thank God we had all those documents.

I don't understand why they take so long in responding it has already been 3 weeks and yet nothing.

I appreciate any answers :) Thank you and good luck to all

DuberBlue

Sep 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
Who is "they?"

This whole thing sounds really fishy to me...like someone's trying to shake down the OP...

Cbn Cdn

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
October 9, 2013 [ ARC Requested ]
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2014 :)
pamid said:
Hi Everyone I really hope I can get some suggestions or anything you know or think here.
I am sponsoring my husband he is currently in Mexico and it has already been 15 months since we sent our application for sponsorship. Now we are pregnant and due December 29th. But they have made some stupid mistakes. Immigration ( the embassy of Canada in Mexico )is charging him $1500 dollars because he supposively owes money for the ticket when he left which is not true so we sent the proof of that 3 weeks ago. Also they say he has to pay 400$ processing fee for not leaving when he was ordered to due so which is also false and we have the proof of that and that he did check in with an immigration officer at the airport. He was here as a refugee.
Because of that they ask for a letter explaining why there are special considerations wich would justify his return to Canada. ( Has any one ever done a letter like this?). Because I know that for refugees sometime things work a bit differntly and he might have to write it anyways.

And have they ever made that mistake with you before like charging you a ticket they never payed for or saying you didnt leave on time. Thank God we had all those documents.

I don't understand why they take so long in responding it has already been 3 weeks and yet nothing.

Here is a link from CIC website (For someone dealing with ARC - Authorization to Return to Canada):

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/arc.asp

littlequeen

Sep 21, 2012
Hi my family and I are in the same process like your husband but I would like to say the process of ARC (Authorization to return to Canada) takes among 2 month or more that is pretty suck but for example I sent my ARC in May but for strike I have not had any new until almost a month ago, after that I have not had any new..

cicconfused

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 August 2013
Doc's Request.
09 January 2014 & 14 March 2014 (ARC)
AOR Received.
04 November 2013
File Transfer...
13 September 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04 April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
21 April 2014
LANDED..........
07 July 2014
pamid said:

Standard procedure for refugee claimants...a departure order is issued when someone makes a refugee claim. If your husband didn't leave within 30 days after the negative RPD decision, that departure order automatically becomes a deportation order. A deportation order is a lifetime ban from Canada, which is why you are getting this letter now. Your husband needs special permission to come back to Canada: an Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC). It's very important and your husband needs this to be approved before he can come to Canada

Good thing you had the info the ticket was paid for!! That is a lot of money!

Best of luck!

mrsnicflo

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-OCT-2012
Doc's Request.
RCMP and PGR: 05-APR-2013 IRB: 15-JUL-2013 ARC: 05-NOV-13
AOR Received.
05-APR-2013
File Transfer...
30-OCT-2012
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
28-AUG-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
04-JAN-14
VISA ISSUED...
06-JAN-14
LANDED..........
07-JAN-14
pamid said:

that happened to my husband, we knew about the ARC so we got ready everything for the moment VO ask for the ARC paperwork and payment, and we got the same charging for $1500 but we sent proofs that my husband payed his ticket and we sent the letter and the payment all together in the same envelope.