+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help SImple Query

psingh1407

Mar 6, 2011
Dear All,

I am applying for Quebec selection Certificate. I fullfill all the requirments but Got stuck at one point. They are asking a joint bank account in the name of me and my partner. Also, They are asking any bills like electricity, gas, phone, broadband in both names. Unfortunately we havent got any bills in both names and we are renting a room with my friend. I am not sure how can I fullfill Bill (in Joint name) requirements.

Many thanks

Punit

Prem Singh

Jun 3, 2012
Hi There,

I searched this link on the net and found it interesting and informative. I am student in Toronto and pursuing my Post Graduation in Global Business Management CERTIFICATE course for two years. I am in my final semester.

I am looking forward to move to Québéc and would like to stay there forever. I am well versed in French and English and have already cleared DALF C1 in 2009. I was about to pursue my Doctorate in French from India last year but decided to come to Toronto. But now I feel that going to Québéc would have been the best thing for me since I wanted to conduct research in French after few year (once I settle down and have enough money on me).

I took a pre-liminary test online and it shows that I am eligible to apply for CSQ. But I have filled that I am proficient in French and English (which I believe I am) but I took DALF C1 and C2 in 2009. I cleared C1 but scored only 44 in C2 and fell short of 6 marks.

I would like to request you to tell me that would I be able to get CSQ and how much will it take. I took my DALF C1 exam in 2009. Do I need to appear for that exam again to prove my language expertise or my M.Phil (French) from JNU -year 2011 would be enough to prove my language expertise.

Should I move to Montréal after my final sem. and look out for some job and then put my application or should I put it now. One most important question I would like to ask is that do I need to find some job related to my field or some Job in management (or higher level) or a common job of an executive would be enough to qualify.

Please find attached my qualifications and work experiences:

Educational Qualifications
 Pursuing Post-Graduation Certification in Global Business Management from Humber College (in Toronto -4th semester).
 M.Phil (Pre-Doctorate) in French and Francophone Studies from Jawaharlal Nehru University, (Year 2009-2011) – (yet to get the degree and final grades for the year 2011).
 M.A in French and Francophone Studiesfrom Department of Germanic and Romance Studies, Delhi University (Year 2007-2009).
 DALF C1 in November 2009 (Diplôme approfondi de la Langue Française)- Selon le cadre européen.
 B.A. (Honors) English in the year 2004-2007, Delhi University.
 7 Semesters from Alliance Française de Delhi from Jan,2004 – May,2007. (Regular)
 10+2 in Science.

Work Experience

 École Shakespeare and Tutor Doctor:
Presently training students and employees in French in organisations like
Glaxo Smith Kline (GSK). A few more projects may begin during
the end of this month.

 Embassy of France
Worked as an Interpreter to French Diplomats and delegates (French Press,Telecommunication Department) who accompanied French President, Nicholas Sarkozy, on his visit to India in Jan,2008.

Worked for Campus France during the French Higher Education Week (Year-2007).

 American Express Banking Corp. (India)

Worked as a Research Analyst (in French Language) with American Express Banking Corp.,Travelers cheques from 1st Aug,08 to 1st Oct,09.

Work Profile : Managing out-of-balances conditions and exceptions that used to result from Travelers Cheques and pre-paid product settlements from selling partners in North American and Canadian region. Reconciliation, accounts handling and merging were part of my job as a Research Analyst. Sending and analysing inventory online to understand the inflow and outflow of traveller cheques was also a part of my job.

Worked on SIEBEL, Lotus Notes and many other professional softwares to conduct research and handle huge inventories.

Working with American Express gave me an opportunity to improve my French language skills since we were in day-to-day communication with our selling partners (French-speaking Canadian Banks) in Québéc.

 Ordre de Malte :
Worked as an interpreter with a French Humanitarian Organisation “Ordre de Malte” for 3 months.
Work Profile : Coordinating with the french employees of the humanitarian organisation working in France.

 Bharti Vidhya Bhawan:
Worked as a French Language teacher and interpreter at Bharti Vidhya Bhavan for one Semester from August- December, 2010.

Prem Singh

Jun 3, 2012
Hi There,

I searched this link on the net and found it interesting and informative. I am student in Toronto and pursuing my Post Graduation in Global Business Management CERTIFICATE course for two years. I am in my final semester.

I am looking forward to move to Québéc and would like to stay there forever. I am well versed in French and English and have already cleared DALF C1 in 2009. I was about to pursue my Doctorate in French from India last year but decided to come to Toronto. But now I feel that going to Québéc would have been the best thing for me since I wanted to conduct research in French after few year (once I settle down and have enough money on me).

I took a pre-liminary test online and it shows that I am eligible to apply for CSQ. But I have filled that I am proficient in French and English (which I believe I am) but I took DALF C1 and C2 in 2009. I cleared C1 but scored only 44 in C2 and fell short of 6 marks.

I would like to request you to tell me that would I be able to get CSQ and how much will it take. I took my DALF C1 exam in 2009. Do I need to appear for that exam again to prove my language expertise or my M.Phil (French) from JNU -year 2011 would be enough to prove my language expertise.

Should I move to Montréal after my final sem. and look out for some job and then put my application or should I put it now. One most important question I would like to ask is that do I need to find some job related to my field or some Job in management (or higher level) or a common job of an executive would be enough to qualify.

Please find attached my qualifications and work experiences:

Educational Qualifications
 Pursuing Post-Graduation Certification in Global Business Management from Humber College (in Toronto -4th semester).
 M.Phil (Pre-Doctorate) in French and Francophone Studies from Jawaharlal Nehru University, (Year 2009-2011) – (yet to get the degree and final grades for the year 2011).
 M.A in French and Francophone Studiesfrom Department of Germanic and Romance Studies, Delhi University (Year 2007-2009).
 DALF C1 in November 2009 (Diplôme approfondi de la Langue Française)- Selon le cadre européen.
 B.A. (Honors) English in the year 2004-2007, Delhi University.
 7 Semesters from Alliance Française de Delhi from Jan,2004 – May,2007. (Regular)
 10+2 in Science.

Work Experience

 École Shakespeare and Tutor Doctor:
Presently training students and employees in French in organisations like
Glaxo Smith Kline (GSK). A few more projects may begin during
the end of this month.

 Embassy of France
Worked as an Interpreter to French Diplomats and delegates (French Press,Telecommunication Department) who accompanied French President, Nicholas Sarkozy, on his visit to India in Jan,2008.

Worked for Campus France during the French Higher Education Week (Year-2007).

 American Express Banking Corp. (India)

Worked as a Research Analyst (in French Language) with American Express Banking Corp.,Travelers cheques from 1st Aug,08 to 1st Oct,09.

Work Profile : Managing out-of-balances conditions and exceptions that used to result from Travelers Cheques and pre-paid product settlements from selling partners in North American and Canadian region. Reconciliation, accounts handling and merging were part of my job as a Research Analyst. Sending and analysing inventory online to understand the inflow and outflow of traveller cheques was also a part of my job.

Worked on SIEBEL, Lotus Notes and many other professional softwares to conduct research and handle huge inventories.

Working with American Express gave me an opportunity to improve my French language skills since we were in day-to-day communication with our selling partners (French-speaking Canadian Banks) in Québéc.

 Ordre de Malte :
Worked as an interpreter with a French Humanitarian Organisation “Ordre de Malte” for 3 months.
Work Profile : Coordinating with the french employees of the humanitarian organisation working in France.

 Bharti Vidhya Bhawan:
Worked as a French Language teacher and interpreter at Bharti Vidhya Bhavan for one Semester from August- December, 2010.