+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help she want divorce

tim271

Star Member
Nov 15, 2010
hello everyone i got married since 2007 i send in my inland application in since 2007 i was granted PR mach 2011 me and my spouse live for 4 years now she want divorce b/cos since i got my pr have been looking for job but not got one yet i do work for 2month but we got leyoff since then have been looking for one but i haven t got another one yet now she said she want divorce b/cos i can bring in some money what will happen to my PR please help

L

limanoid

You are a permanent resident now so you don't need to worry. They can't kick you out.

One thing though, is that she is on the hook if you apply for social assistance (welfare) until March 2014. So I wouldn't apply for it unless you are desperate and cannot find a job.

Saeid2011

Aug 21, 2011
Iran
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tim271 said:
hello everyone i got married since 2007 i send in my inland application in since 2007 i was granted PR mach 2011 me and my spouse live for 4 years now she want divorce b/cos since i got my pr have been looking for job but not got one yet i do work for 2month but we got leyoff since then have been looking for one but i haven t got another one yet now she said she want divorce b/cos i can bring in some money what will happen to my PR please help
I think it must not be important event. If you take a PR it means you accepted by Canadian Immigration visa if your file number is in processing your agent can write a letter to immigration and explained in it your problem

brighton_travel

Aug 25, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2 2011
Med's Done....
July 2011
sorry to hear that!!

Since you had already landed - you still keep the PR and after 3yrs you can apply for Citizenship. But she will be on the "hook for 3yrs", if you applied for welfare...

Immigration or she can't deport you....