+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help - Refused entry

alona16

May 11, 2014
I just found out about this forum while trying to search some answers or advice for my application

I applied under SINP as single, everything went well, I was approved and finally got my Visa last Jan of this year
I'm scheduled to depart March. I got married just less than a month prior to my departure without informing the Visa office of my marital status.

At the border interview, I was asked about my marital status and I informed them that I am married. I was refused entry and was advised to withdraw my application, go back home and declare my spouse on the application.

They gave me a seizure paper indicating that Subject failed to declare spouse as dependant. Subject is ineligible to become Permanent Resident at this time as per A40(1)(A)xR51(B) of IRPA.

desperately in need of help and guidance on this matter.

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You were obligated to report any changes in your family situation to CIC. The visa you were issued was no longer valid because it was issued when you were single and then you got married. This was a very big mistake on your part - you should have followed the instructions that were given to you.

You need to contact your visa office as soon as possible and notify them that you need to add your spouse to your application. Hopefully they haven't closed your application. When you contact the visa office, you should also sent them all of the required forms and evidence needed to add your spouse to your application. You will then have to wait until the visa office reviews your spouse (your spouse will have to go through the medical, background check and security check). Once your spouse has been reviewed by the visa office, they will issue a new PR visa for both of you.

Again, you should get all of the paperwork to the visa office as soon as you can.

alona16

May 11, 2014
Thank you so much for the guidance Scylla, I contacted them via email, i will be sending the documents as soon as possible as well and will be posting updates here.

alona16

May 11, 2014
Hi again, just an update, I got a reply from embassy and I was scheduled for interview.
I hope they will give me a chance.

I was asked to bring the ff:

old and valid passport for each person
Updated IMM0008 Generic
Schedule A for me and spouse
IMM5406 or additional family information
3 passport-size for spouse
Original Police clearance for spouse
RPRF for spouse, if accompanying
Proof of relationship

Jessica_chen

Jan 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alona16 said:
Hi again, just an update, I got a reply from embassy and I was scheduled for interview.
I hope they will give me a chance.

I was asked to bring the ff:

old and valid passport for each person
Updated IMM0008 Generic
Schedule A for me and spouse
IMM5406 or additional family information
3 passport-size for spouse
Original Police clearance for spouse
RPRF for spouse, if accompanying
Proof of relationship
i was just curious, how come they asked u if u got married when u did landing? did u bring your spouse together to do landing?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Jessica_chen said:
i was just curious, how come they asked u if u got married when u did landing? did u bring your spouse together to do landing?
It's pretty normal for the immigration officer to ask if there have been any changes to the family composition.

Alona16 is very lucky. If she had managed to land as a single person, this means she would have never been able to sponsor her husband in the future and may also have eventually lost her own PR status due to misrepresentation.

It is extremely important to read all of the information that is sent to you by CIC and follow the rules.