+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help! Received ITA but don't have full work experience yet

afridi37

Jul 15, 2022
I received my ITA on 12th April, based on 2 years worth of work experience, although my 2 years won't be done until 26th May. I had the following questions.

1.) Should I accept this ITA or wait for an ITA after 2 years are completed?
2.) I spent one work week (Monday-Friday) in August 2022 in Pakistan doing wfh. Do I need to add another week to compensate for this?
3.) In my profile I have not shown any foreign work experience, just shown a continuous canadian work experience from May 2021. Is this wrong? Do I need to show that 1 week of wfh from Pakistan in it?

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I received my ITA on 12th April, based on 2 years worth of work experience, although my 2 years won't be done until 26th May. I had the following questions.

2.) I spent one work week (Monday-Friday) in August 2022 in Pakistan doing wfh. Do I need to add another week to compensate for this?
3.) In my profile I have not shown any foreign work experience, just shown a continuous canadian work experience from May 2021. Is this wrong? Do I need to show that 1 week of wfh from Pakistan in it?

About #1 - this is a common glitch - just wait to finish your 2nd year and don't submit your application (and don't decline!). Get employment letter or whatever CECs need, and then get an AOR after May 26th, 2023. That way your points claimed under 2 year exp are valid.

Another reference thread for #1 for you: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/got-ita-but-still-1-year-canadian-work-experience-not-completed.635075/post-7896249

Reactions: afridi37

samarshi

Apr 19, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP

1. Similar to @iSaidGoodDay mentioned, you have 60days to submit the application after ITA.. So you would want to accept it and submit with experience letters acquired on or after 26th May.. (you can be sure that the letter has covered 2years exp) and submit the application.. you might have couple weeks still left to submit (@ 60 days around June12th as per Apr12th ITA)

2. in general understanding.. you still worked for that same employer.. so it can be considered, hence you may not need to wait additional week. (as most of us did wfh/ work from other provinces etc.. but its the same employer, hence assuming ). Being said that.. I might be wrong or not have much info to support that.. please go through other threads/channels and reach out to more people/sources. Good luck.!