+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help!! Question Regarding Landing!!

saigopi

Dec 13, 2011
Hi Qorax, I have seen you very helpful in this forume, Please help me answer this question because looks like nobody has a right answer.

I am holding a PR visa based on AINP. But now, my status and my employer has been changed since i applied to CIC. I don't have the same status or employer when i applied to AINP and CIC. So, will that create a problem while entering Canada at POE.
What questions will they ask if any? Will they return me back if i don't satisfy them?
Do they do fingerprinting in POE? And also does US share any information regarding status to Canada?
Any help will be helpful.

Thanks

canmp

Apr 12, 2011
Sai,

You only need to maintain the h1 staus till you get your nomination. At the time of applying to cic or after applying to cic, it does not matter your status or employer. how ever you need to be in the valid status. Why do you worry about finger printing even if they do. I never heard of finger printing at POE. Iam glad that you received your pr visa.

Good luck.

saigopi said:
Hi Qorax, I have seen you very helpful in this forume, Please help me answer this question because looks like nobody has a right answer.

I am holding a PR visa based on AINP. But now, my status and my employer has been changed since i applied to CIC. I don't have the same status or employer when i applied to AINP and CIC. So, will that create a problem while entering Canada at POE.
What questions will they ask if any? Will they return me back if i don't satisfy them?
Do they do fingerprinting in POE? And also does US share any information regarding status to Canada?
Any help will be helpful.

Thanks

saigopi

Dec 13, 2011
Hello Friends, My Landing date is approaching, but due to some emergency i am trying to extend the date for landing.
Is it acceptable by CIC? If yes, what is the process? Do i have to do a new medical again?
If not, what if i couldn't make it at that time?
Any Feedback is Appreciated!!

Thanks.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You can land on or before the expiration of your visa.

saigopi said:
Hello Friends, My Landing date is approaching, but due to some emergency i am trying to extend the date for landing.
Is it acceptable by CIC? If yes, what is the process? Do i have to do a new medical again?
If not, what if i couldn't make it at that time?
Any Feedback is Appreciated!!

Thanks.

saigopi

Dec 13, 2011
Thanks for the ansewer job_seeker. But my question is more toward getting extension. Because i might not be able to land or before that date due to emergency. I need to extend the date. Is it possible? Have anyone came across this kind of situation?

Help will be Appreciated!!

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
saigopi said:
Thanks for the ansewer job_seeker. But my question is more toward getting extension. Because i might not be able to land or before that date due to emergency. I need to extend the date. Is it possible? Have anyone came across this kind of situation?

Thanks.
Extensions are not given. If you don't land on or before the expiration date on your visa, your visa will no longer be valid and you'll have to start the application process again from scratch.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
No, you'd have to start the application process again as Scylla has stated.

saigopi said:

Thanks.

hub2

May 22, 2010
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2010
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
IELTS Request
Mailed w/app
File Transfer...
05-04-2011
Med's Request
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
27-06-2011
Hello forum members!

I've received my PR visa and plan on landing between March and June, but perhaps I'll need to land, travel back to my home country and then return to Canada later to actually stay.

Does anyone have information about how this works, what the rules are, or perhaps a recommendation to about another thread in this forum?

Thanks!

jason111

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2011
AOR Received.
15-10-2011
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Passport Req..
19-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2012
Only land after you come back from your home country as of after you land, all of your valid re-entry visa expires automatically. You have to apply new one to come back. Landing visa only allow you go to states and come back without PR card or re-entry visa.

Beaver

Feb 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm sorry I do not understand what jason111 is trying to say.

Once you land and officially become a PR, your immigrant visa will become invalid. You can fly out of Canada anytime after you land. However there are some things you need to be aware of:

1. To return as a PR by air, your PR card or a valid travel document is required.
a. Your PR card will be mailed to you months after you land. Sometimes there would be a problem with the picture and CIC may ask you to have it retaken within Canada.
b. If you don't have your PR card, you can apply for a Travel Document at your country's Canadian Consul/Embassy. You must remember that applying for one isn't easy, as it requires background checks on the part of the CIC.
c. You must inform the immigration officer at the POE the Canadian mailing address where you want them to send you your PR card. If you don't have a ready address on landing, I think within 30 days you must inform them your mailing address. Some here suggest that you provide the mailing address of a trusted friend in Canada, and have him/her send you the PR card through courier to your country.
d. You can probably go through the US-Canada Border by land without a PR card, but I do not have any knowledge of that, I only heard about it.

2. To maintain your PR status, you must be physically present in Canada for 2 years out of the preceding 5 year period.

hub2 said:
Hello forum members!

I've received my PR visa and plan on landing between March and June, but perhaps I'll need to land, travel back to my home country and then return to Canada later to actually stay.

Does anyone have information about how this works, what the rules are, or perhaps a recommendation to about another thread in this forum?

Thanks!

jason111

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2011
AOR Received.
15-10-2011
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Passport Req..
19-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2012
Beaver said:
I'm sorry I do not understand what jason111 is trying to say.

Once you land and officially become a PR, your immigrant visa will become invalid. You can fly out of Canada anytime after you land. However there are some things you need to be aware of:

1. To return as a PR by air, your PR card or a valid travel document is required.
a. Your PR card will be mailed to you months after you land. Sometimes there would be a problem with the picture and CIC may ask you to have it retaken within Canada.
b. If you don't have your PR card, you can apply for a Travel Document at your country's Canadian Consul/Embassy. You must remember that applying for one isn't easy, as it requires background checks on the part of the CIC.
c. You must inform the immigration officer at the POE the Canadian mailing address where you want them to send you your PR card. If you don't have a ready address on landing, I think within 30 days you must inform them your mailing address. Some here suggest that you provide the mailing address of a trusted friend in Canada, and have him/her send you the PR card through courier to your country.
d. You can probably go through the US-Canada Border by land without a PR card, but I do not have any knowledge of that, I only heard about it.

2. To maintain your PR status, you must be physically present in Canada for 2 years out of the preceding 5 year period.
Sorry, Beaver. Which part you don't understand?