+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help- Quebec PR, International Student, wife with PGWP and a child.

noospirit

Jun 10, 2015
Hello All,

I am a novice, first of all please let me apologize if this post is in wrong place.

I am a international student from India currently studying at the University of Montreal with a valid study permit till 2020. My wife; also from India, received her Masters degree from Montreal and is currently working with Postgraduate Open Work permit for the past 1year as a retail and wholesale buyer job classification NOC- 6222. We have a dependent child who has his visitor record valid till 2019.My wife's Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) expires next year(2019) and she has a DELF A1 qualification.

We would like to explore the possible options of continuing in Montreal.

1) For permanent residence status, I am not sure of which category to apply so as to receive the CSQ quicker in this condition? Since my wife has her Masters degree from Montreal, is there a (relatively) quicker way than waiting for CSQ and PR for ages?
Is it the skilled worker category or Quebec graduate program? I am confused!!!

- Heard that, having French at a higher level of DELF B2 would have helped; but I find it tough to manage with full time job and a child, is there an alternative?

2) If not for PR, can my wife and our child stay as dependents on me (an international student) after the expiry of PGWP?

If yes, would she still be able to work with the same company?(or do the company have to get a LMIA?, which I guess is tough!)

Kindly let me know your thoughts, suggestions and experiences or please direct me to the correct thread.

Thanks in advance for your help.