+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP! Proof of sibling’s residency in Canada

1993lbs

Jun 5, 2019
Hi everyone,

I just got ITA few days ago and now I am working on the docs to submit.

I claimed for the points of having my sister, who is Canadian citizen, living in Canada.
I have gotten our birth certificates, her Canadian passport (the pages with her info and signature), her PR card (she was PR then just became citizen this year).

However, I am struggling with Proof of my sister’s residency. She put the utilities bill under my name, and she doesnt want to give me her bank statement.. so is there any other docs I can use to prove her residency here? Driver license? Care card? T4? Medical bills? House insurance contract? Rent bill?
Please help me!!!

Thank you so much!

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Drivers license, lease, internet bill, phone bill, tax return, insurance, etc. The bank can also provide a statement without showing the amount in her accounts, so there is that, too.

1993lbs

Jun 5, 2019
Drivers license, lease, internet bill, phone bill, tax return, insurance, etc. The bank can also provide a statement without showing the amount in her accounts, so there is that, too.
how about mortgage statement, mortgage commitment, first home buyer statement, buyer statement adjustment, or property insurance contract? Can I submit those to provey sister’s residency? Cos my sister bought a condo last year.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
how about mortgage statement, mortgage commitment, first home buyer statement, buyer statement adjustment, or property insurance contract? Can I submit those to provey sister’s residency? Cos my sister bought a condo last year.
T4 is better. A mortgage doesn't prove someone is living in Canada.

Reactions: Qwertypod

1993lbs

Jun 5, 2019
T4 is better. A mortgage doesn't prove someone is living in Canada.
Can I use her 2016 T4 though? Cos I cant find her 2017-2018 T4?

Or how about recent clinic visit bill, or Care card and Driver license?

Idk what else to find, cos tbh she doesn’t really want to give me any of her docs, so idk what to do..

Last edited:

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019

Idk what else to find, cos tbh she doesn’t really want to give me any of her docs, so idk what to do..
Her most recent T4 (2018) would be your absolute best bet for proof. Has she actually lived in Canada since 2016? It's weird that she would give you her 2016 T4, but not any others.

In any case, it is up to you to decide what proofs you think are enough, and nobody on this forum will be able to concretely tell you "yes that will give you an approval". I would try my best to communicate the need for these proofs to your sister.

Reactions: scylla

1993lbs

Jun 5, 2019
Her most recent T4 (2018) would be your absolute best bet for proof. Has she actually lived in Canada since 2016? It's weird that she would give you her 2016 T4, but not any others.

In any case, it is up to you to decide what proofs you think are enough, and nobody on this forum will be able to concretely tell you "yes that will give you an approval". I would try my best to communicate the need for these proofs to your sister.
Yeah idk what to explain, she is complicated, kinda like half of her wanna help, the other half doesnt wanna help..
she said she could only find 2016 T4, she lost the rest..
and she has been living in Can for 4 years, she got her citizenship already this year.

Also I got her driver license and care card, which show her address, but im not sure if these cards can be used as proof of residency?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

No - it needs to be her 2018 T4. The 2016 T4 is useless. You need to prove she is living in Canada now.

Drivers license and health care card doesn't prove she is currently living in Canada.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I’m kind of confused , she said she “ lost “ the rest . She’s supposed to keep her T4 from the tax year filed for 6 years . Tell her to either call the CRA , they can mail out a copy , her employer would of sent in a copy when they filed them , or go online to her CRA My Account to get a copy
Note ; you’re not allowed to call to get it , only her or her authorized representative
The only time there wouldn’t be a copy on file would be if her employer never filed them by the deadline of 0228

Last edited:

1993lbs

Jun 5, 2019
I’m kind of confused , she said she “ lost “ the rest . She’s supposed to keep her T4 from the tax year filed for 6 years . Tell her to either call the CRA , they can mail out a copy , her employer would of sent in a copy when they filed them , or go online to her CRA My Account to get a copy
Note ; you’re not allowed to call to get it , only her or her authorized representative
The only time there wouldn’t be a copy on file would be if her employer never filed them by the deadline of 0228
Because she doesnt want to give me any thats why she said she lost them.. ofc there is always a way to get another copy or as simple as it is, she can give me her bank statement or credit card statement.. but she doesnt want to and I cant force her to call CRA or whatever if she is not willing to.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Because she doesnt want to give me any thats why she said she lost them.. ofc there is always a way to get another copy or as simple as it is, she can give me her bank statement or credit card statement.. but she doesnt want to and I cant force her to call CRA or whatever if she is not willing to.
I was replying to your statement that she said she lost them, and you saying you could not find them,and the measures to take to get a new one, not on your personal relationship and or reason she does not want to assist you.
Maybe explain to her the points that would be allocated to you for claiming her, and how important it is, other than that, the ball is in your court

krishkrish

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Hi,
I applied for pr under CEC, My brother's proof of residency I uploaded 1) Bank statement 2) Canada Driving Licence.
But Yesterday Ircc sends one request letter saying that: Sibling- Residence CDA: Please provide proof of your sibling’s/family member’s residence in Canada, other than a provincial driver’s license, bank statement, or cell phone bill, which confirms their current place of residence.

Please help me with what Documents can I submit ( I have my brother's T4) urgently.

krishkrish

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Hi,
I applied for pr under CEC, My brother's proof of residency I uploaded 1) Bank statement 2) Canada Driving Licence.
But Yesterday Ircc sends one request letter saying that: Sibling- Residence CDA: Please provide proof of your sibling’s/family member’s residence in Canada, other than a provincial driver’s license, bank statement, or cell phone bill, which confirms their current place of residence.

Please help me with what Documents can I submit ( I have my brother's T4) urgently.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

Rental agreement proves your brother actually lives in Canada. O