+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help! Post PPR questions

Chef Sumit

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am happy to share the after almost 8 months we got our PPR today however I need some help with my situation. Please do advise and thanks in advance.

-While our Canada application was taking so much time hence we applied for Australia PR (I am PA for Australia application) as well, which was granted in September. Do we need to inform CIC about this?

-I am dependent (in our Canada visa application) and my wife is PA, she lives in banglore and I am in Sri Lanka now but moving to Australia in a weeks time as permanent resident, my wife will join me by end of December in Australia. How do we submit passports and where?

-Our thoughts at this moment are that we will move to Australia for a year now and then to Canada for a year and then eventually decide where we want to permanently settle down. Is this possible? I mean can we be permanent residents of two countries at the same time?

Please do help with you advise and at this moment how to get the visa office changed is the main issue. I want to submit mine in Australia and she can submit hers in Indian as she only moves to Australia end of December.

Thanks in advance.

Chef Sumit

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please advise, I am a bit worried about this. Thanks. Any help would be appreciated

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Australian PR has nothing to do with CIC. No need to inform them.

PPR email mentions an email address through which you can contact CIC. Inform them of your situation and ask for instructions as to where to send your passport.

Your PR visa will have an expiry date, which is usually one year from the date of your medical. You need to land in Canada to become a PR before it expires. You can decide where to settle later on. But remember in Canada you need to meet residency obligations, which is 2 years out of 5.