+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP - overseas child

canadiensedream2015

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Hi Everyone, I have a child overseas from a prior relationship.

Should I include my child in my EE profile? I heard that if I count my child as a family member then I will have to get her medical exam as well when I get an ITA. It will be really hard to get that exam for personal reasons. At the same time I do not want to mess with here future if she eventually wants to immigrate to Canada.

Any comments/thoughts?

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
canadiensedream2015 said:
Hi Everyone, I have a child overseas from a prior relationship.

Should I include my child in my EE profile? I heard that if I count my child as a family member then I will have to get her medical exam as well when I get an ITA. It will be really hard to get that exam for personal reasons. At the same time I do not want to mess with here future if she eventually wants to immigrate to Canada.

Any comments/thoughts?

Thanks
If you have a child under the age of 19, you have no option. You have to declare them, even if they are non-accompanying. If you fail to do this, you can be accused of misrepresentation, with all the attendant problems.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with zardoz.

you have to declare them, in your aplications. be careful as this will impact your settlement funds as well.

you should also do a medical exam for that child..

there is number of threads here on this same issue., where people cannot get medicals for these children becuse the other parent doesn't allow it. if this happens, you will have to writte a really good explanatory letter as to why this is impossible for you, and pray to God they accept this ...

puttareddy

Feb 5, 2016
How to include a child in EE? I don't find any fields to update my children's information in EE.

What is the procedure to include my baby in this process?

Appreciate any help. Thanks!!!

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
puttareddy said:
How to include a child in EE? I don't find any fields to update my children's information in EE.

What is the procedure to include my baby in this process?

Appreciate any help. Thanks!!!
after you send you application, you can only include a child via CSE.