+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help on parent sponsorship and dependent.

kelseyA

Aug 21, 2009
I want to sponsor my parents with their two depensdents 15 and 20 years old. But, i have income just for parents and one dependent. Should i just sponsor my parents and the one dependent who is 20 years old, and when my parents get to Canada, they could sponsor their other dependent who by then will be 19 years old, instead of not having enough income for everyone?

vonster

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
I don't think you can sponsor dependents over 22 years so I'm not sure who you need to sponsor first. Maybe since the one is almost 22 years old you should include this one first, and then sponsor the other one when everyone's in Canada.

You would need the full lico amount for yourself, your spouse if any, your current dependents plus 3 more (your parent, and the 2 kids).

Regardless, sponsoring your parents now take up to 4-6 years. I'm not sure which visa office you're applying to but I applied in June 2007 to Singapore and only getting approval of sponsorship now.

I still have to apply for my dad's PR and then have to wait another 2-3 years.

I

iarblue

Well depending on where they are from there is many differnt ways to sponsor.you could sponsor the other three and try to get a visitors visa fo the third unless thethird can go under the FSW and apply himself.It might be funny if he did and gets in before the others.Search your options wisely.
And if your parents have money it makes a bigger difference if they can prove they are well enough off to support theirselves.