+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP...MY PASSPORT HAS STUCK AT CPP OTTAWA OFFICE

tinytoes

Jul 31, 2012
Got the same situation too, and worst is trv office is having a strike right now. So the regular processing time is really taking longer than the usual time. My friend advised me to go to Ottawa office to tell them my situation and pick up my passport from there. Show the plane ticket I bought,because that's what he did when he cannot receive any response from them too. He said that when they searched for his passport, they found it in a corner and its very dusty. But they didn't give it to him right away, he had to stay overnight in Ottawa and come back the next day to have his passport back.

TechEngg

Mar 19, 2013
Hi Spring

Are you currently in Canada for more than 1 yr and are you as a dependent or a Work Permit.Did u also provided medical examination report along with your other documents??

Its been a month since I sent my passport to Ottawa and still not received my passport after being stamped.

Need your advice on this..

Thanks in advance

suban

Jul 11, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
24 Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Re-med Nov 25
Passport Req..
09 March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP Nov 11; DM 2014 Jan 19; Received pp with visa Jan 21
LANDED..........
Feb 4, 2014
lastdigitofpi said:
Hi

Did anyone get his/her passport back recently? My application was received on June 07th.

Thanks
not yet..waiting for it

spring.bustle

Star Member
May 26, 2012
I'm in Canada since 2010. I'm single. I did not provide any medical exam report for visa. The last medical test I took was in 2010 when I came to Canada.

I hope you've got your passport back by now.

Else, please check with CPP Ottawa Visa division - they usually respond to emails within 2-3 days.

TechEngg said:
Hi Spring

Are you currently in Canada for more than 1 yr and are you as a dependent or a Work Permit.Did u also provided medical examination report along with your other documents??

Its been a month since I sent my passport to Ottawa and still not received my passport after being stamped.

Need your advice on this..

Thanks in advance

TechEngg

Mar 19, 2013
Hi Spring

Its been 2 months now and i haven't received my passport.
Everytime I mail them, they say its under processing.Don't know whats wrong.

Do you have any contact details apart from their email id and fax number.

Thanks

spring.bustle

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Hello,

Sorry, I dont have any other contact details. Tell them that you may need to travel soon and see what happens.

Regards,

TechEngg said:
Hi Spring

Its been 2 months now and i haven't received my passport.
Everytime I mail them, they say its under processing.Don't know whats wrong.

Do you have any contact details apart from their email id and fax number.

Thanks

TechEngg

Mar 19, 2013
Hi Spring

Thanks for the reply.I have already told them that i would have to travel in 15 days from now and still there was no response from them.
I can just wait and hopefully everything will be good.

Thanks

sushil22

Nov 19, 2013
tinytoes said:
Got the same situation too, and worst is trv office is having a strike right now. So the regular processing time is really taking longer than the usual time. My friend advised me to go to Ottawa office to tell them my situation and pick up my passport from there. Show the plane ticket I bought,because that's what he did when he cannot receive any response from them too. He said that when they searched for his passport, they found it in a corner and its very dusty. But they didn't give it to him right away, he had to stay overnight in Ottawa and come back the next day to have his passport back.
Really, is the CPP Office in Ottawa accessible to public..??
I am in big trouble and want to get my passport back even without stamping..
Please provide more details, what ever you know....
Please share your friend's personal e-mail, that would be great..... Thanks...

CECPR

Mar 13, 2013
Hi Guys!!

I am pretty much in the similar situation. I submitted my passport application for Resident Visa and they sent me after one month. However, i noticed that they screwed it up in my name. So I asked them to correct it. They called back my Passport. I sent my passport for correction on Nov 12 with self addressed Express Canada Post. Till date I have not received any information. I sent couple of emails but no response. I have to Travel to India In Jan 15th. I thought I had time but now I have got an email from CPP Ottawa for Passport Request for my Permanent Residency. Shoot.. Not sure Should I celebrate or what.. So Tensed. Did any of you guys get it???

Please advise.

Yvans90

Nov 28, 2013
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM HERE
I GAVE THEM MY PASSPORT SINCE NOVEMBER 20TH
I EMAILED THEM THEY TOLD ME MY PASSPORT WAS FINALIZED SINCE NOVEMBER 28TH AND THAT I SHOULD GET IT BACK BY NOW
MY FLIGHT IS FOR DECEMBER 17 AND I CALLED THEM AND SHE TOLD ME SHE PUT IT ON URGENCE SO THEY WILL SEND IT TO ME RIGHT AWAY
TOMORROW I WILL GO THERE SO PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY HAVE THE ADDRESS OF THE CPP OTTAWA OFFICE SO I WILL GO PICK UP MY PASSPORT BY MYSELF?
THANK YOUU

preetsra

Dec 13, 2014
MY PASSPORT HAS STUCK AT CPP OTTAWA OFFICE

Hi
I have sent my passport, to cpp ottawa for visa stamping. It has been 40 days but have not received it. I have not enclosed self addressed envelop.
I need to go India urgently.
What can i do in this matter..
If i personally go to CPP Ottawa office will it help..?
Plzz help.....

akuparikh

Nov 11, 2019

Hey,
Where in Ottawa he collected his passport? Can you please let me know

Dec 10, 2019
DK84 ,

I went through a similar situation lately. Although the website says I can travel with an expired visa to the US, the airline staff gave me a hardtime at Denver Airport.I need to travel next week and as such, did not want to take another chance so applied for the TRV on 21st Jan via Canada Post priority mail - it reached ottawa the next day.
Since the processing days were being increased, I send an email to the Ottawa office to consider processing my application quicker and received a response in 2 days that they have finalised the case - since I kept a self addressed priority envelope, I got the passport back the next day.
Looking at your post, I see that you went via UPS - unfortunately, you cannot do anything now but I hope you kept a self-addressed canada post priority envelope too as they will not return your passport via any private couriers which may take another few days through regular mail.

I hope your first email to them was clear enough as they may not entertain multiple queries. I wish you the best and hope you get it back in time for your trip.