+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help me!!!

kadaraleem

Mar 19, 2008
we received our immigration visa with landing papers and our final date to land is 8th May 09. My current contract expires in September 09 hence I can only move after the completion of my contract. Also my daughter's school year will finish by the end of June 09 and it will be detrimental if she leave her school in the middle of academic year. I am planning to land in April and will stay for only 10 days. I have been told that the PR Card takes any time from 4 weeks to 3 months to arrive at the given address; I would like to know
1. can we leave without PR card ?
2. what if there is a condition to collect PR card personally?
3. should I explain my problem to the immigration officer at the time of landing as there has to be some way out.....

I would highly appreciate your advice.

Kind regards

AK

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
kadaraleem said:
we received our immigration visa with landing papers and our final date to land is 8th May 09. My current contract expires in September 09 hence I can only move after the completion of my contract. Also my daughter's school year will finish by the end of June 09 and it will be detrimental if she leave her school in the middle of academic year. I am planning to land in April and will stay for only 10 days. I have been told that the PR Card takes any time from 4 weeks to 3 months to arrive at the given address; I would like to know
1. can we leave without PR card ?YES YOU CAN BUT HOW DO YOU PLAN TO REENTER CANADA WITHOUT IT???
2. what if there is a condition to collect PR card personally?WHAT CONDITION??ITS ALWAYS MAILED ARE THEY GOING TO CHANGE RULES FOR YOU????
3. should I explain my problem to the immigration officer at the time of landing as there has to be some way out.....
YES,DONT IMMIGRATE TO CANADA,OTHERWISE ARRANGE TO HAVE THE PR CARD MAILED TO A FRIENDS OR RELATIVES ADRESSS WHO WILL THEN SEND IT TO YOU
I would highly appreciate your advice.

Kind regards

AK
Best Regards

kadaraleem

Mar 19, 2008
thank you very much for your reply. I was told by someone (not a qualified opinion) that sometimes if there is a problem with photographs than the home office calls you personally.

Kind regards

AK

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
Based on what i have read in this forum you can complete landing formalities by giving a local address for pr receiving. You can then leave canada. However you cannot reenter without pr card. Hence you may have to arrange to get pr card sent to you by courier by your friend living in that address.

kadaraleem

Mar 19, 2008
what is the travel document and how to apply for it? someone posted that one can request for travel document is PR card is not received yet!!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you know anybody in Canada, the best way would be if you land and go visit them at the same time and give their address as the address to mail your PR card to. They can then fed ex or mail the cards to you when they get them.

If you do not know anybody in Canada, discuss this problem when you land. Some people have been told that as long as they have their landing documents, they will be able to return without the PR card. A PR travel document is normally issued to people whose PR card has expired while they are abroad or if they have lost it. You can ask when you land if you need to apply for such a document before coming back to Canada. If you do, the forms are here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Leon I agree with you, many people leave Canada before getting the PR card, all you need is to talk to CIC so they either give you some kind of paper or your landing paper will be enough. I do not know the exact procedure but if I am there, I will ask and confirm before I make any move, but it is doable.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

NewYorker said:
Leon I agree with you, many people leave Canada before getting the PR card, all you need is to talk to CIC so they either give you some kind of paper or your landing paper will be enough. I do not know the exact procedure but if I am there, I will ask and confirm before I make any move, but it is doable.
If the OP leaves Canada without the PR card and is from a non visa exempt country, s/he would require a travel document from an overseas office http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp. There is no "paper" that can be issued in Canada for the OP to return.