+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me with these 3 questions

dgmatiz

Oct 3, 2016
Hi guys

Does anyone ever has a citizen oath ceremony on a saturday?

Does anyone receive the Notice to appear to take the oath of citizenship by e-mail?

Does anyone receive the Notice to appear to take the oath of citizenship in less than 7 days before the ceremony?

I know this questions sounds unfamiliar, but i´m trying to track the citizenship process of a relative by the stories he´s been telling to the family, bests regards to all.

Daniel.

Gallant555

Star Member
Aug 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Nov1,2010
Med's Done....
Nov8,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June9,2011
LANDED..........
June17,2011
Hi Daniel,

You might want to take a look at this document that is tracking progress of application which will give you days/dates stats on application which will assist you to find answers to your questions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HO2bMpPOII6R0N7q3oULrAgA27LJYaz3l9fMWcGaOms/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dgmatiz said:
Hi guys

Does anyone ever has a citizen oath ceremony on a saturday?

Does anyone receive the Notice to appear to take the oath of citizenship by e-mail?

Does anyone receive the Notice to appear to take the oath of citizenship in less than 7 days before the ceremony?

I know this questions sounds unfamiliar, but i´m trying to track the citizenship process of a relative by the stories he´s been telling to the family, bests regards to all.

Daniel.
Hi....

1)I don't think that there will be an oath ceremony on any weekend/holidays...as you well know,IRCC is a part of the gov't and they only operate/work Monday- Friday.

2) in my case,I found out my oath date via me eCAS and via actual mail/letter....no emails. Only my AOR was given through email.

3) In my case,I didn't receive my letter....we moved and I changed my address late. But good news though,you don't need your actual letter to appear for oath....I called IRCC and the agent emailed me the details.
Btw,when I got my ecas notice,it was 2 weeks before my oath date. Guess it would be possible to get oath notice a week before the actual date as I've seen posts here in which they have the test and oath ceremony on the same day. :D :D

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
1.) Possible, but not likely.
2.) Possible, but that would probably mean some prior communication didn't go through.
3.) Possible, but same as #2.