+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help me with the work experience issues!!

redstyler

Jan 22, 2010
my problem isnt with the calculating... ok so i got a work permit(skilled position in B category) through LMO but LMO took too much time so i started working before i got the permit (i had a student permit then). so let's say, i started working in june of 2008, but i got the permit in december the same year. Now, according to the permit, it will be 2 year experience by december of this year 2010 right?? Its the same emplyer ive been working by the way. MY QUESTION is...... are they going to just look at my 2 year experience and get me the PR status OR(!) are they going to reject and kick me out because i worked little bit early which is considered to be illegal work. ive been living in canada for a long time by the way and i have nephew who is a citizen of canada as well....maybe a bit of compassionate consideration because of this????? please if anyone whos been actually working in this field could reply i would very much appreciate it.

natali

Jan 15, 2010
well if they find out that you started working before receiving work permit you are in trouble. If you employer writes that you started working in Dec 2008 then you are fine but there arises questions, what if immigration ask for your 2009 T4 slip it would have income from june 2009- dec 2009 and they might do some calculation and find out the truth later convict you of illegal work and misrepresentation. This could be a part of background check or employment check. Other thing, when it comes to Immigration and Refugee theere is no compensation.

redstyler

Jan 22, 2010
Thanks for your post. Thats what i thought too.. Now.... thats when the second part comes in. For CEC, i have to submit t4 along with ROE. As far as i know, ROE is not modifiable... can i really change the ROE so it looks like i started my job when i got the permit? what do you think..?

natali

Jan 15, 2010
you dont want to end up in a bigger mess right? I would recommend you to take some legal advice either from http://www.gands.com/ or
http://www.migrationlaw.com/. They will charge you some amount but I believe you will be better off talking to them before applying for Immigration. Because VO can convict you off misrepresentation and as a result you will not be able to apply for 2 years and if convicts you of not law abiding then you might see deportation. If I were you I would contact those guys and work things around.

I wish you luck

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.