+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me with my situation!!!!!!

han.a2991

Aug 24, 2020
My application was refused for the followng reasons:
1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
2. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
3. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
1. I travelled to Thailand, Japan, Korea, Cambodia. But I was refused Visa of the U.S in last 9 years ago. And I note that in my application
2. In my study plan (SOP) I wrote a plan that I comeback my home country to find job in both my home country and other Asia countries
3. My parents are sponsoring for my sis study in Canada. She is studying Bachelor's degree in 4 years. At the time, I applied visa, she is studying the semester 2 of the first year and had 4-year study permit. Also, my parent's saving account is 137.000 cad and my saving account is 46.800 Cad ("My parents and myself will be paid all cost when I live in Canada"-> I noted in my application and showed financial documents (bank statement, houses,...). My study program is 2- year post graduate. I was off my own job to focus for my study abroad dream.
Plus, my Ielts is 6. (Only speaking 5.5)
In my case, why was I refused? Are there any ways to fix my case?
I'm so excited to receive your sound advice.

Last edited:

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
1. Unfortunately for travel history they are mostly interested in travel to the US, Australia, EU, etc.
2. What field is the program in? What was your previous education and when did you finish it?

Your IELTS score is also rather low.

han.a2991

Aug 24, 2020
1. Unfortunately for travel history they are mostly interested in travel to the US, Australia, EU, etc.
2. What field is the program in? What was your previous education and when did you finish it?

Your IELTS score is also rather low.
My previous program is finance and banking. I finished in 2014. After that, I worked in this field
The field I want to study is digital marketing and marketing anaylis.
My sis's ielts is only 5.5 but she still got the visa.
I find that my sis can ask for the note that the visa officer make a decision. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html
In this situation, I can receive the full note?!

Last edited:

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Did you explain why you want to switch from finance to marketing and why this will improve your job prospects in your home country? What was your previous degree and when did you get it?

There is no hard and fast rule on IELTS but it would be better if everything were above 6 across the board. Their concern is always that you won't be able to complete the course successfully, or that you plan to overstay and work illegally.

You can look into requesting your GCMS notes to see exactly what they didn't like. As you must be in Canada to do so, you will have to find someone trustworthy to do it on your behalf.

han.a2991

Aug 24, 2020
Did you explain why you want to switch from finance to marketing and why this will improve your job prospects in your home country? What was your previous degree and when did you get it?

There is no hard and fast rule on IELTS but it would be better if everything were above 6 across the board. Their concern is always that you won't be able to complete the course successfully, or that you plan to overstay and work illegally.

You can look into requesting your GCMS notes to see exactly what they didn't like. As you must be in Canada to do so, you will have to find someone trustworthy to do it on your behalf.
I also mentioned reasons I change my field and how the study program could help me get job advancements in the future. My previous degree is BA which was finished in 2014.
I also enrolled the EAP course to meet the requirement of the college.
Could you recommend any solutions for my case?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Have you explained why you want to go back to school after six years? Many people with bachelor's degrees apply for post-graduate diplomas with intent to immigrate, so IRCC assumes you have no desire to return home. Look into master's programs.

Request your GCMS notes if you want to and it will probably say something similar.

Reactions: han.a2991

han.a2991

Aug 24, 2020
Have you explained why you want to go back to school after six years? Many people with bachelor's degrees apply for post-graduate diplomas with intent to immigrate, so IRCC assumes you have no desire to return home. Look into master's programs.

Request your GCMS notes if you want to and it will probably say something similar.
The reasons I go back to school is because digital marketing will be essential for my job in the future in my country -> I noted this and explained more in my study plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: LEGE MYCO