+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please , help me with ECA !

meishi

Apr 6, 2018
Dear all,
I got my bachelor's from India , and master's from Japan. I have two years of work experience . Presently, I am preparing for the IELTS exam, and will take it in early November. Meanwhile , I would like to apply for ECA, and I request you to guide me and answer the following questions:

1. Should I only apply for my master's degree assessment ? or my bachelor's degree needs to be assessed as well ?

2. On IRC website , four options are given for ECA , which one is the best and convenient based on your experience?

3. These ECA organisations require me to send a request form to my university first ; since I am living in Turkey , It would take considerable amount of time to send the form by mail to Japan. Can I just communicate with my university via email , and ask them to send a sealed envelope ( transcript ) for the assessment agency from Japan to Canada rather than sending the request form to my university via post? is this request form necessary for the assessment organisation ?

I would be grateful for your guidance , and thank you in advance !

Cheers ,

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
Dear all,
I got my bachelor's from India , and master's from Japan. I have two years of work experience . Presently, I am preparing for the IELTS exam, and will take it in early November. Meanwhile , I would like to apply for ECA, and I request you to guide me and answer the following questions:

1. Should I only apply for my master's degree assessment ? or my bachelor's degree needs to be assessed as well ?

2. On IRC website , four options are given for ECA , which one is the best and convenient based on your experience?

3. These ECA organisations require me to send a request form to my university first ; since I am living in Turkey , It would take considerable amount of time to send the form by mail to Japan. Can I just communicate with my university via email , and ask them to send a sealed envelope ( transcript ) for the assessment agency from Japan to Canada rather than sending the request form to my university via post? is this request form necessary for the assessment organisation ?

I would be grateful for your guidance , and thank you in advance !

Cheers ,
1) just your highest degree as it’s a masters. You just need to evaluate your masters

2) I used WES as it was the fastest. You should access the Wes site and see if your university is recognized on the website.

3) most universities have an online portal or section on their page to request this information as you most times have to pay to have it sent.

Reactions: meishi

meishi

Apr 6, 2018
Thanks keebs for your guidance .

3). I can contact my university directly via email and I can request them to either send the sealed envelope to me or to WES. Do I still need to send my university the request form , or it is not needed if I can obtain the sealed envelope without the request form ?

Finally, did you ask your institution to directly send the envelope to WES, or you sent it by yourself?

Thank you very much :)

Takentaken421

Aug 30, 2018
Thanks keebs for your guidance .

3). I can contact my university directly via email and I can request them to either send the sealed envelope to me or to WES. Do I still need to send my university the request form , or it is not needed if I can obtain the sealed envelope without the request form ?

Finally, did you ask your institution to directly send the envelope to WES, or you sent it by yourself?

Thank you very much :)
Request form is not mandatory. Most universities have their own process to issue sealed official transcripts.

I would recommend that you get the transcripts from university and send to WES yourself. WES needs references number to be written on envelope. I was skeptical that my university would do that.

meishi

Apr 6, 2018
Request form is not mandatory. Most universities have their own process to issue sealed official transcripts.

I would recommend that you get the transcripts from university and send to WES yourself. WES needs references number to be written on envelope. I was skeptical that my university would do that.
Bundle of thanks for the information.

I am going to contact my university . Thanks !

Cheers !

meishi

Apr 6, 2018
Hi ,
I asked my university to send the sealed envelope from Japan. However, I do not know about the rules and regulations of mailing services . I mean will they open the envelope to see whats inside for security purposes ? In this case , the seal would be broken . Whats your opinion on this ?

oryx_np

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Hi ,
I asked my university to send the sealed envelope from Japan. However, I do not know about the rules and regulations of mailing services . I mean will they open the envelope to see whats inside for security purposes ? In this case , the seal would be broken . Whats your opinion on this ?
No, the envelopes will not be opened for security purposes. There shouldn't be any security concerns as it will contain papers only and will have university seal(Stamp) on the backflap.

meishi

Apr 6, 2018
No, the envelopes will not be opened for security purposes. There shouldn't be any security concerns as it will contain papers only and will have university seal(Stamp) on the backflap.
Thanks a lot for the information :) I am glad to know what you have just said.

Sherlok

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
The envelopes won't be opened. But, do not forget to transmit the reference number which you will receive after you pay for the ECA, to your university.

meishi

Apr 6, 2018
The envelopes won't be opened. But, do not forget to transmit the reference number which you will receive after you pay for the ECA, to your university.
Ok got it . I am going to write the reference number on the envelope once I receive it from my university. Thanks !