+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me with course suggestions

katrinmelani

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Philippines
Category........
I graduated as a tourism management here in the Philippines for 4 year course and I would like to study abroad specifically in Canada..
I just want to know if it is okay to take a different course now instead of taking something related with my previous course here? I am currently aiming to pursue my passion for music so I am thinking of getting music course or is it gonna be recommended to take something related to tourism like HRM?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
I graduated as a tourism management here in the Philippines for 4 year course and I would like to study abroad specifically in Canada..
I just want to know if it is okay to take a different course now instead of taking something related with my previous course here? I am currently aiming to pursue my passion for music so I am thinking of getting music course or is it gonna be recommended to take something related to tourism like HRM?
Following your passion which is not related to your field of study is not the right thing to do while applying for a Canadian study visa.

You will be refused outright instantly.

katrinmelani

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Philippines
Category........
Do you have any suggestions for the best course to take for me to get approved? The agency suggested for me to take business management. I am thinking of getting HRM. Is there any recommendations please?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Do you have any suggestions for the best course to take for me to get approved? The agency suggested for me to take business management. I am thinking of getting HRM. Is there any recommendations please?
Chance of refusal for HRM course is high from my viewpoint due to irrelevancy but I am not sure.

Even business management is doubtful due to overlapping of curriculum.

You need to choose an advanced level of study such as Masters, even a post-graduate diploma will suffice as long it is a advanced level of study where the subjects are not redundant and is hinting progression.

Even the so called consultants are not aware of this sometimes and just go with the flow. They do not care whether your visa gets approved or not since they receive an amount from the college, its a gamble from their perspective.

You need to research and explore lots of colleges and universities for a while which supplements your previous degree. Making quick decisions without proper research is futile.

Last edited:

katrinmelani

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Philippines
Category........
And since you are the only one getting back to me. I also have one question please and would like to get the opportunity. Thank you so much.

Hello guys. I am currently processing my study abroad to Canada and would just like to know about the travel restrictions. I saw in an article but not an updated one that International students who have permit before March 18 are the only people can travel. If I will have my permit this September, and class starts in January, will they allow people to travel on December already?

Thank you for helping out.