+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP ME! URGENT!

life2525

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Having a student visa of country X whilst applying for a study permit for Canada. Just did my SDS application, in no document whatsoever was this question asked. Only question that was asked regarding other visas is "do you have any past rejections".

Is it needed to mention in your SOP or something that you have another study permit? Some students apply to multiple countries at once..

Edit: My agent said we have to mention it. I already lodged the visa. She's saying we will need to open a "webform"

Does having an Australian study permit weaken chances of a Canadian study permit?

How can they expect a student to upload or tell them they have another study visa, if there is no option on the required documents or any place to upload it.

Can an expert recommend me what to do? Should I upload via webform as my agent suggested or do I just ignore it and wait for the outcome of my application?

Can somebody please tell me, do I just upload the Australian visa or do I make a Letter of explanation and upload it via webform explaining it?

Last edited:

MB2610

Apr 25, 2021
I don't think having an Australian study permit will weaken your chances. Maybe it can increase your chances because the visa officer might see that one country has already approved you.

life2525

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
I don't think having an Australian study permit will weaken your chances. Maybe it can increase your chances because the visa officer might see that one country has already approved you.
I'm literally panicing right now, my agent said we have to mention this, but my visa is already lodged. Someone please tell me what to do!!! Do I raise a webform? :'((((

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
yes rise a webform. you are not losing anything. it would have been perfect if you mentioned in your letter of explanation with supporting documents. that is a good sign that u have been approved a study permit from another country especially a top one. it will make the VO more comfortable with your application

life2525

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
yes rise a webform. you are not losing anything. it would have been perfect if you mentioned in your letter of explanation with supporting documents. that is a good sign that u have been approved a study permit from another country especially a top one. it will make the VO more comfortable with your application
I dont have a letter of explanation. only attached a sop. ill be raising a webform with my aussie study permit mentioning that i chose canada above australia because australia isnt opening borders anytime soon and the whole point is for face to face learning.

life2525

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
ANY EXPERTS? DO I JUST UPLOAD MY AUSTRALIAN VISA AND MENTION THERE OR DO I MAKE A LOE AND EXPLAIN MYSELF THERE? @Ironclad

Last edited:

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Did you not upload your passport pages with all visas on it? Having a current study permit for another country is something you should have mentioned in your SOP. Are you currently studying on the Aussie visa?

life2525

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Did you not upload your passport pages with all visas on it? Having a current study permit for another country is something you should have mentioned in your SOP. Are you currently studying on the Aussie visa?

Only uploaded the first and last page. I'm stuck in my home country, Australian borders are closed. It's not like canada, there is no "PPR" or stamping request.

life2525

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Only mention in the LOE briefly.
I have not attached any LOE previously and submitted my application already. Currently, writing a LOE, outlining the fact I'm an australian study visa holder, stuck in my home country. Will be stating that my main objective is to have face to face learning, and since Canada will be having that in september 2021 intake I'm applying for the same.

Do I attach my actual aussie study visa?

Any other tips? Will this effect my application since I'm going to be doing this through a webform instead of doing it with the original application? I just applied 2 days ago.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Only uploaded the first and last page. I'm stuck in my home country, Australian borders are closed. It's not like canada, there is no "PPR" or stamping request.
So you didn't start studying at your Aussie sch yet? I'm surprised your Agent didn't tell you to include this info in your application prior to submitting.

life2525

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
So you didn't start studying at your Aussie sch yet? I'm surprised your Agent didn't tell you to include this info in your application prior to submitting.
Studied less than one semester online. I'm surprised too. Do you think it'll be a problem now if I upload it though webforms? What would you do in my situation? I don't see a problem? Not like im hiding a rejection or anything?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I have not attached any LOE previously and submitted my application already. Currently, writing a LOE, outlining the fact I'm an australian study visa holder, stuck in my home country. Will be stating that my main objective is to have face to face learning, and since Canada will be having that in september 2021 intake I'm applying for the same.

Do I attach my actual aussie study visa?

Any other tips? Will this effect my application since I'm going to be doing this through a webform instead of doing it with the original application? I just applied 2 days ago.
So you already have the visa on hand? But you intentionally did not mention it or provide you in your application? Wow..

Not sure how this will affect your application but looks to me like it's a big deal to have left it out. It's also hard to tell if sending it now via webform will help or hurt your case.