+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help me to get work permit

jenxing

Jul 29, 2011
Here is my situation. My work permit has expired on Febraury 27th, 2011 so I applied for extension. But I got the rejection letter from CIC on July 4th, 2011. The reason for rejection was a lack of LMO. So I got a 90-day periods for restoration from June 28th. The problem is that my son visited home country on July 3rd. What should I do in this case? I'm going to apply for LMO sometime next week. Can I apply for new Work permit, not extension, to get a new job? I mean can I apply for work permit for new job offer?

In my son's case, what should we do to get his status restored? Can he just come back to Canada?

victoria11

Jul 14, 2011
Hi,
(1) Your Work permit expired on Febraury 27th, 2011 and expired on June 28th_start to count within 90 days that you need to apply restore your status either worker or visitor depends whether your will obtain the new LMO from your perspective employer. Don't leave Canada without restoring your status.

You are sure to apply for new work permit only when you restore your status and it's best for you to call CIC and confirm your thought of changing to new employer with the new job offer.

(2) Each individual has their own unique situation, call CIC and only them can offer you the correct info.

(3) In your son's case, to restore his status should be stated on the letter that sent from CIC. Review the letter and prepare all supporting documents and better not to leave Canada until he restore his status in Canada.

Good luck

Vic