+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP ME TO CHECK MY DOCUMENTS..WILL SEND MY APPLICATION TOMORROW

Rish2329

Oct 14, 2018
:)
Good day Everyone,

I just want to ask suggestions, comments or any documents i missed that i listed below for my application for a Visitors Visa in Canada.

Im 26 single Filipina and currently working here in Singapore for almost 2 years. And only Last September my previous company transferred me to another company because my job is in line with Engineering field. The reason why my previous employer transferred me is that they will terminate their company. But i have attached both of my employer contract from my previous and current. Im a little bit confused if that is the right thing to do? I also cited those matters in my cover/explanation letter. I also have a sister in Canada (Winnipeg to be exact) who is already a citizen and kindly invited me to visit her only for a less than 3 weeks (we've never seen each other for 9 years after our Father's death that is why). Please if you have a time to check my documents.:
for TRAVEL HISTORY (one file):
1. Passport-profile, with entrance and exit stamps from previous asian countries i have visited.
2. Saved Boarding passes from previous countries i visited

for PASSPORT (one file)
1. Bio Page and pages with entrance and exits stamps.

for INVITATION LETTER (one file)
1. Invite Letter from My Sister notarized by a local ATTY. in Winnipeg
2. A supporting letter from the ATTY who list down all the things about me (employment,position,my savings etc.) and my intentions in Visiting canada.
3. My Sister and her husbands Citizen Cards, Driving license and passports.
4. Their last year's Summary of income tax and breakdown of their Income tax.

for PROOF OF MEANS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT (one file)
1.Bank statements for the past 4 mos. (from June to September)
2. My Certificate of Employment of Contract with my SPASS card or work permit card (bothe previous and current employer)
3. Payslips for the past 6 mos. from my previous employer
(i stated also this matter in my cover letter so they will better understand my situation here in Singapore)
4.My IRAS or tax statement from my first year and also attached my remaining months i have worked in my previous employer.

for PURPOSE OF TRAVEL (one file)
1.Flight Reservation or Blocking that i made through Gazelle Travel and Tours. (Sg to Winnipeg, Winnipeg to Toronto, Toronto to Winnipe, Winnipeg to Singapore) Total 4 flight-reservations.(no travel insurance yet)
2. Hotel Booking made through booking .com ( although i only booked for my toronto visit since i will be staying at my sister's house in winnipeg)
3. My Day per Day with time detailed Itinerary. from my departure to arrival vice versa.
4. Leave Approval letter from my current employer. with company stamp and signature from the managing Director of my company.
5.And also i attached my confirmed return flight ticket for my Japan Trip in January (i explained in my cover letter that after my Canada trip i will also visit Japan in January so i attached my confirmed ticket) is that right??? =) just for their reference as well.

for PROO OR RELATIONSHIP
1. I attached my birth certificate and my sister's Marriage certificate. I think they will only check the parents. Am i right?

Please help me analyze my documents before sending my application tomorrow. Please it will be a big thank you to everyone who will help me.

God bless! =)

Last edited:

Rish2329

Oct 14, 2018
But i've been completing all my documents since May. My Current SPASS will expire Next year September but my contract is renewable. I have a sister in canada like i said in my first tab. Shes already a Citizen their for 16 years. I explained to my cover letter that working here in SIngapore is a great opportunity for me and since im a keen traveler its also an advantage because singapore is quite considerable near to any countries. And the fact that i can visit my family in the Philippines anytime I want. In my passport they can see that every 2 mos. I consider to have a short vacation in the philippines. My financial status so far is stable. As a single independent woman. I explained my purpose of visiting canada. And i cited that To see and spend time with my Sister and if i get a chance to experience the local culture of Canadians (travel as well). We havent seen each other for 9 years. And i think since im working in a great company with a good compensation i will try to visit her in December. I stated all my visit plans in canada in my detailed itinerary.
I also explain in my cover letter that i still dont have any properties to show them because im still working on it. Im only 26. So what do you think about this?

Rish2329

Oct 14, 2018
by the way. Can you explain to me the right documents based from those documents i listed above? Just for my info and reference.
Because i just followed the documents being stated in my application, they enumerate all the possible documents i can submit to them.
Thank you,

Rish2329

Oct 14, 2018
But i've been completing all my documents since May. My Current SPASS will expire Next year September but my contract is renewable. I have a sister in canada like i said in my first tab. Shes already a Citizen their for 16 years. I explained to my cover letter that working here in SIngapore is a great opportunity for me and since im a keen traveler its also an advantage because singapore is quite considerable near to any countries. And the fact that i can visit my family in the Philippines anytime I want. In my passport they can see that every 2 mos. I consider to have a short vacation in the philippines. My financial status so far is stable. As a single independent woman. I explained my purpose of visiting canada. And i cited that To see and spend time with my Sister and if i get a chance to experience the local culture of Canadians (travel as well). We havent seen each other for 9 years. And i think since im working in a great company with a good compensation i will try to visit her in December. I stated all my visit plans in canada in my detailed itinerary.
I also explain in my cover letter that i still dont have any properties to show them because im still working on it. Im only 26. So what do you think about this?

by the way. Can you explain to me the right documents based from those documents i listed above? Just for my info and reference.
Because i just followed the documents being stated in my application, they enumerate all the possible documents i can submit to them.
Thank you,
Don't rush, wait until you gather the right documents ,then apply, this is my recommendation.
When your employment contact ends ?
Any family members who have PR or citizenship status in Canada?
What other ties you have to return other than the job?
Details of your porpuse of Visit?
Any travel history to UK, US ,EU or Australia?
What is your assets and financial status?

Rish2329

Oct 14, 2018
Don't rush, wait until you gather the right documents ,then apply, this is my recommendation.
When your employment contact ends ?
Any family members who have PR or citizenship status in Canada?
What other ties you have to return other than the job?
Details of your porpuse of Visit?
Any travel history to UK, US ,EU or Australia?
What is your assets and financial status?
Hi.. Please any more comments about my application? Thank you

Rish2329

Oct 14, 2018
Ok sure, ofcourse just sticking with they required wouldn't be enough to satisfy the VO .
IMO
-you need to to make sure there is no large last minute deposit in your bank statements, 6 months better than 4
- in the invitation letter, she can stay that you stay with your sister and she will be responsible for your accommodation and her bank account statements .
-did you obtain visa to visit Japan? Show a proof of that if you are leaving Canada to Japan.
-age is ok if you have good reasons to return like work contact, work lisence, school , family members in the country of your current residence?
- also in the purpose of visit never mention that you will explore Canada, because that will make the VO that you will over stay .just mention you want to see your sister.
-proof of relationship your ID and her citizenship card is good.
-any travel history to UK, US, Europe or Australia ? If so attach the visas.
You can include these additional documents in the clint info section.
Otherwise I think you will be ok
Hi,

I explained to my cover letter about my visa in Japan i will apply next month because the validity of the Japan visa is only 60 days upon approval my travel date is January 2019. October is too early to apply a Japan visa. My sister provided me her tax and payslips in her company. And my bank account is stable no sudden large amount being deposited. BAsed on my monthly income. No travel history in UK Us or EU but i also have plans to visit those countries later on.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I missed seeing your post. Hope you have not applied yet.

:)
But i have attached both of my employer contract from my previous and current. Im a little bit confused if that is the right thing to do?
Yes, these are the right documents to show stable employment.

I also cited those matters in my cover/explanation letter.
One bit of advice:
Try to present your facts in a point-wise format + keep the sentences short. Visa officers don't have too much time to read a lot.

1. Passport-profile, with entrance and exit stamps from previous asian countries i have visited.
. Saved Boarding passes from previous countries i visited
Boarding passes - Not required.

Asian countries = No travel history.

Nonetheless, you can prepare a Travel History explanation (chronological sequence, last 10 years): Visa details (if you applied for visas, else VOA) + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit + scan any valid visas

for INVITATION LETTER (one file)
1. Invite Letter from My Sister notarized by a local ATTY. in Winnipeg
2. A supporting letter from the ATTY who list down all the things about me (employment,position,my savings etc.) and my intentions in Visiting canada.
Notarization was not required.

1.Bank statements for the past 4 mos. (from June to September)
2. My Certificate of Employment of Contract with my SPASS card or work permit card (bothe previous and current employer)
3. Payslips for the past 6 mos. from my previous employer
(i stated also this matter in my cover letter so they will better understand my situation here in Singapore)
4.My IRAS or tax statement from my first year and also attached my remaining months i have worked in my previous employer.
Okay.

But apart from your employment, you have not demonstrated any other ties to both Singapore or the Philippines.
1. Do you have a lease in your name in Singapore?
2. Do you live with dependent family members?
3. Do you remit money to your family in the Philippines?
4. Do you own any land/property or a vehicle? If yes, any loans or mortgage?
5. Any financial investments?
6. Can you prove any must return by a specific date reasons to return to Singapore?
7. Credit cards?

for PURPOSE OF TRAVEL (one file)
1.Flight Reservation or Blocking that i made through Gazelle Travel and Tours. (Sg to Winnipeg, Winnipeg to Toronto, Toronto to Winnipe, Winnipeg to Singapore) Total 4 flight-reservations.(no travel insurance yet)

2. Hotel Booking made through booking .com ( although i only booked for my toronto visit since i will be staying at my sister's house in winnipeg)
Hope you have not paid for any of this as they don't guarantee a visa.

3. My Day per Day with time detailed Itinerary. from my departure to arrival vice versa.
With expense estimates?

4. Leave Approval letter from my current employer. with company stamp and signature from the managing Director of my company.
Any work commitments to return to which you can prove with evidence?

5.And also i attached my confirmed return flight ticket for my Japan Trip in January (i explained in my cover letter that after my Canada trip i will also visit Japan in January so i attached my confirmed ticket) is that right??? =) just for their reference as well.
Do you need a visa for Japan? I think you don't.

for PROO OR RELATIONSHIP
1. I attached my birth certificate and my sister's Marriage certificate. I think they will only check the parents. Am i right?
You need to include a copy of your sister's birth certificate as well