+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP ME ON HOW TO GET A CANADIAN PR ?

Shion

Oct 12, 2008
Hello there,

I am new to this topic and I just logged in. It would be a great help if anyone could advise me on my request.

Currently I am a U.A.E. resident and working and living in U.A.E.
Overall I have around 12 years of experience in freight forwarding / air freight and logistics field.

I have completed my studies in 1993 - in Colombo / Sri Lanka which was 10 + 2 Years ( In Science ) and have 2 passes.
( 13 years of continious education )

Now I have a high interest and looking forward to live and work in Canada but I don't know know how to start and what to do?

1. Does my educational qulifications meets the needed points / standards to get a PR?
2. If I have to follow a Diploma, what will be the best Diploma / credential to be followed for me to be eligible to get a PR?
3. What is the fastest way to get a PR and approximately how much $ would it cost?

I would highly appreciate your comments / response in this regard and thank you for your valuable time.
My E-mail address is shionsmail2@gmail.com

Thanks and cheers / Shion

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. The skilled worker class is waiting for new rules right now but if you know french, you can apply for QSW in Quebec. You have to do the self assessment to find out if you qualify.

2. You will know when the new rules come out for skilled worker, they will have a list of professions

3. It costs around 1000 per one person. If you have a spouse, another 1000. You have to pay half right away, half when you are approved. QSW has always been faster than FSW but now they are changing FSW so it is supposed to be faster than it was. You can find processing times on the CIC website for different countries.

Shion

Oct 12, 2008
Hello Leon,

Many thanks for your swift response....
As there are diffrent eligible test formats I am a bit confused.

In brief, I have 10 years working experience / Planning to start English and French courses very soon in order to score the needed points / Age 35 Years / Brother in Law is living in Canada.

Apart from the above I have 13 years of continious education in college.
My question now is, If I follow a 1 year Diploma course ( part time ) howmany points will I score for my education?

Could you please help me on this question?

Thank you for your valuable time.

Cheers / Shion

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are still thinking about the federal skilled worker program, as I said, the rules are changing, nobody knows what will happen, if your profession is not on the list, you may not even be able to apply. If you want to go for QSW you need at least basic french. You should go by the application guide to calculate your points.

Shion

Oct 12, 2008
Leon,

Points noted.....and many thanks for advices to the ones like us.
I will keep my fingers crossed to see what will be the new changes....

Thanks again..Highly appreciated.
Shion