my visa valid 31/10/15
my work permit valid 26/12/2015

when should i apply for renew my visa 31/10/15
or

26/12/2015

pls help me

sangu123

Jun 3, 2013
I am in a similar condition. My visa is already expired on 3rd of march. My work permit will expire on 3rd of May. I called up cic. She said I should apply before my work permit expires. I am waiting for my PPR. If I do not get before end of april, I will apply for work permit extension... Expiry date for Visa is okie as long as you are not travelling out of country. Check with them if you are travelling out of country...

Sumonaney

Nov 29, 2012
sangu123
thanks for your reply

can please give me little more information

does it like this as long work permit valid i dont have to worry , if i want to travel outside then i have to sure my visa valid to return.

is my understanding ok if you the cic link pls share with me plssssssss

sangu123

Jun 3, 2013
Sorry for late reply. Your understanding is right. It is all explained in the cic website. If you are going outside the country then make sure you have a valid visa to enter back. If your visa expires before you return then apply for new visa from outside. Best thing, avoid travelling outside the country while you are expecting pasport request. Because they can deny entry to you at the port of entry for some reason. Hope this helps. I was suppose to go home for vacation. Not going only because of this