+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me! Few questions

life2525

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Hi, I've recently graduated in 2020 November with a 3 years bachelors degree and have interest studying in Canada. I've applied for a PG Diploma in Conestoga College. I know I have a lot of questions but it would be GREATLY appreciated if somebody could clear my questions as I'm a bit worried.

Here's my profile:

10th: 77%
12th: 59%
Under graduation: 58% (3 year degree course completed in 4 years. Had some problem in first year and was absent for exams causing this year down. Have no backlogs after that and even completed my last year with around 75%)
Backlogs: 10
IELTS: 8 bands - none less than 7.5

Here are the questions I have:

1. Do I have chances of being accepted to Conestoga for May intake? I applied around 25 days ago and have no reply as of today.
2. If I get an offer letter, will I face problems in my visa application due to my 10 backlogs and the year down (completed 3 year course in 4 years)?
3. I also will not be able to get my final degree certificate as it takes 6 months for it to be delivered, will that be a problem? I have all my mark - sheets, and also recently got a 'Provisional Passing Certificate' from my college. Did you guys submit your final degree certificate when applying for the visa?
4. Do I attach my backlog summary and the mark sheet with the backlogs when applying for the visa?

Thank you, I hope that somebody can help me as I'm losing motivation due to my not so great performance in my under-grad.

karanpreetsingh25

Sep 29, 2018
Hi, I've recently graduated in 2020 November with a 3 years bachelors degree and have interest studying in Canada. I've applied for a PG Diploma in Conestoga College. I know I have a lot of questions but it would be GREATLY appreciated if somebody could clear my questions as I'm a bit worried.

Here's my profile:

10th: 77%
12th: 59%
Under graduation: 58% (3 year degree course completed in 4 years. Had some problem in first year and was absent for exams causing this year down. Have no backlogs after that and even completed my last year with around 75%)
Backlogs: 10
IELTS: 8 bands - none less than 7.5

Here are the questions I have:

1. Do I have chances of being accepted to Conestoga for May intake? I applied around 25 days ago and have no reply as of today.
2. If I get an offer letter, will I face problems in my visa application due to my 10 backlogs and the year down (completed 3 year course in 4 years)?
3. I also will not be able to get my final degree certificate as it takes 6 months for it to be delivered, will that be a problem? I have all my mark - sheets, and also recently got a 'Provisional Passing Certificate' from my college. Did you guys submit your final degree certificate when applying for the visa?
4. Do I attach my backlog summary and the mark sheet with the backlogs when applying for the visa?

Thank you, I hope that somebody can help me as I'm losing motivation due to my not so great performance in my under-grad.
Hi there

Answers:
1. Even if you get admitted to conestoga now, it will be too late for the visa filing for may intake given the processing time it is taking nowadays, hence a wise decision would be to focus to September intake and apply to atleast 2-4 colleges.
2. Clarify the same in the SOP you will prepare for the Visa, and explain everything. If the VO is satisfied, you are good to go.
3. Provisional Passing cert / degree is not a problem for Visa, many universities in india take 1-2 years to give original degree.
4. Yes, backlog certification/ summary is a must which will expressly clarify that you have cleared all the modules.

All the best

life2525

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Hi there

Answers:
1. Even if you get admitted to conestoga now, it will be too late for the visa filing for may intake given the processing time it is taking nowadays, hence a wise decision would be to focus to September intake and apply to atleast 2-4 colleges.
2. Clarify the same in the SOP you will prepare for the Visa, and explain everything. If the VO is satisfied, you are good to go.
3. Provisional Passing cert / degree is not a problem for Visa, many universities in india take 1-2 years to give original degree.
4. Yes, backlog certification/ summary is a must which will expressly clarify that you have cleared all the modules.

All the best
Thank you for your quick reply, my last question is, if I wait for September, I would be having a 1 year gap after graduation. Would that cause any issues? As currently I'm unemployed. My counsellor hasn't told me it's too late so I'm confused on what I should do.. She told me to apply for May intake for another college too.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada

Provisional is fine.

Backlog summary may be counterproductive, its controversial. Suggest you not to touch that since you have more than 5 which may divert the VOs attention against you.

karanpreetsingh25

Sep 29, 2018
Thank you for your quick reply, my last question is, if I wait for September, I would be having a 1 year gap after graduation. Would that cause any issues? As currently I'm unemployed. My counsellor hasn't told me it's too late so I'm confused on what I should do.. She told me to apply for May intake for another college too.
1 Year Gap is nothing. Nevertheless, you can do some online courses or keep looking for employment opportunities in relevant fields, so that you can explain the same in the SOP.

Reactions: life2525

life2525

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
1 Year Gap is nothing. Nevertheless, you can do some online courses or keep looking for employment opportunities in relevant fields, so that you can explain the same in the SOP.
You said it's a bit late for May intake, say I get the offer letter by the end of this month. Do you think I should accept it and proceed with my visa application? Really don't want to wait till September.

karanpreetsingh25

Sep 29, 2018
You said it's a bit late for May intake, say I get the offer letter by the end of this month. Do you think I should accept it and proceed with my visa application? Really don't want to wait till September.
Actually that again depends, go through the refund policy of the college you are seeking admission. Consider the worst case scenario, the current processing time is 32 weeks, so take decision accordingly. There are students who have started studying from home country, but haven't got their visa yet. In case they are denied with the visa, the college will not refund the 1st semester fee after a specific date. On top of that, after getting admit by the end of the year, you'll need time for SOP, Fees and GIC payment and all other things. So you will have to weigh the risk reward ratio. As per my opinion, it's not worth the risk.

life2525

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Actually that again depends, go through the refund policy of the college you are seeking admission. Consider the worst case scenario, the current processing time is 32 weeks, so take decision accordingly. There are students who have started studying from home country, but haven't got their visa yet. In case they are denied with the visa, the college will not refund the 1st semester fee after a specific date. On top of that, after getting admit by the end of the year, you'll need time for SOP, Fees and GIC payment and all other things. So you will have to weigh the risk reward ratio. As per my opinion, it's not worth the risk.
32 weeks is CRAZY.. that means the earliest I would have my visa is by August if i applied by the end of this month, is that what you're saying?

life2525

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
What are you talking about ? People have been waiting since March 2020 to give you an idea.
Okay, I shall apply for September then. May doesn't seem like its worth the risk. My counsellor doesn't seem to be bothered and didn't give me a clear cut answer.

Last question, if a visa gets rejected, would I have to wait another 32 weeks for the 2nd visa attempt?

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Okay, I shall apply for September then. May doesn't seem like its worth the risk. My counsellor doesn't seem to be bothered and didn't give me a clear cut answer.

Last question, if a visa gets rejected, would I have to wait another 32 weeks for the 2nd visa attempt?
Even Fall 2021 is a bit late now but you should be able to cut it through mostly. Yes the same times will apply.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

If rejected, you resubmit so wait again.