+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help, Live in caregiver for changing job.

paradisewss

Mar 16, 2012
Currently, I am working with a family till the end of June. And then I will change another family in August or September. I have some questions about applying again.

1. When I apply for my new work permit after getting new contract and LMO, should I still fill in the "Application form work permit made outside of Canada" ? I am confused that I am already in Canada, should I still fill in that form? or do they have another form which I can fill in ?

2. In my document checklist, Should I apply for the exactly same as the last files, include new contract and LMO? Do I need submit my ROE for my new work permit?

3. When I submit my new work permit, should I still send outside of Canada? such as Seattle. Or I can send my paper work inside of Canada. such as Alberta, which I heard about that.

Thank you so much

venkat2c

Nov 11, 2010
No sure about the others, But you can apply with in Canada for a new work permit.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-eligible.asp#inside

paradisewss

Mar 16, 2012
Thank you very much. Because Live in caregiver program is a program different from others. I wander someone has their experiences like me. Thank you for replying.

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
The ROE is for you to keep when you'll apply for the open work permit ad PR applications. Click this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp
just follow the document checklist and fill up the form. you're good to go!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Till when is your current WP valid?

paradisewss said:
Currently, I am working with a family till the end of June. And then I will change another family in August or September. I have some questions about applying again.

1. When I apply for my new work permit after getting new contract and LMO, should I still fill in the "Application form work permit made outside of Canada" ? I am confused that I am already in Canada, should I still fill in that form? or do they have another form which I can fill in ? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1249E.PDF

2. In my document checklist, Should I apply for the exactly same as the last files, include new contract and LMO? Do I need submit my ROE for my new work permit? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5556E.PDF

3. When I submit my new work permit, should I still send outside of Canada? such as Seattle. Or I can send my paper work inside of Canada. such as Alberta, which I heard about that. yup, CPC- Vegreville

Thank you so much

paradisewss

Mar 16, 2012
To job_seeker:

Thank you very much for those helpful links. My current WP valid till Sept.2013. But my current family doesn't need me anymore. So when I get LMO from my new employer, I just follow those websites which you gave to me and send to Vegreville, right? I noticed that there are case processing service centers. Which one should I mail to ? Just the first one? "General correspondence" ??? Thank you very much!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You send your application package to Vegreville Alberta, the address is indicated on the guide. processing is currently 26 or 27 days depending on whether you do your app online or not.

For new employer:

Send your application to:
Citizenship and Immigration - Work Permit
CPC-Vegreville
6212 - 55th Avenue, Unit 555
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

Didn't quite understand your question here.

paradisewss said:
To job_seeker:

Thank you very much for those helpful links. My current WP valid till Sept.2013. But my current family doesn't need me anymore. So when I get LMO from my new employer, I just follow those websites which you gave to me and send to Vegreville, right? I noticed that there are case processing service centers. Which one should I mail to ? Just the first one? "General correspondence" ??? Thank you very much!

paradisewss

Mar 16, 2012
Thank you for replying. I am so sorry that I have so many questions.

I noticed that address you showed me is "for extensions with same employer only".
I am going to change another employer, not the same one. should I still send my application to this address too ?

Work Permit
6212-55th Avenue – Unit 202
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6
Note: For extensions with same employer only.

-another question is that when I submit my application for changing status, it seems like I don't know need to send my real passport to them, is it ??

rodel_uae

Mar 18, 2013
hi to everyone

Ask ko lng po kung ilang months ang processing times ng work permit ng canada dito as use.. thanks po ng marami I'm waiting for your reply