+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help it's urgent (extend study permit)

hkkh

Mar 27, 2020
I have a question about the proof of financial support document and I've looked everywhere online and can't find the answer to my specific situation. So I'm just going to ask here and see if anyone has an answer.

I'm an international student and my parents pay for my expenses in Canada like tuition/rent etc. But they send the money to my sister who also lives with me and she's the one who pays for those things. Is it enough if I give my parent's bank statement only? But UofA accepts tuition payments online if it's from a Canadian Bank Account which my parents don't have. If I give my sister's bank statement, I'll still have to give my parent's since that's where she got the money from. And since it's my sister's name on the bank account and not mine, would I have to provide extra documents that explain that she's my sister and she's the one paying for my expenses? But if I do that, would it complicate things and would they ask for things like her status in Canada as well?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Not going to advise you on your particular situation but I applied with my parent's bank statement + my own bank account. In general, the less complicated the better it is.

hkkh

Mar 27, 2020
Not going to advise you on your particular situation but I applied with my parent's bank statement + my own bank account. In general, the less complicated the better it is.
I don't have money in my bank account. Like I said, my sister pays for the tution and rent fees and my dad sends her the money.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Are you able to pay all of the tuition off for 1 year? If you can show proof of that, it doesn't really matter where the money is coming from.

hkkh

Mar 27, 2020
Are you able to pay all of the tuition off for 1 year? If you can show proof of that, it doesn't really matter where the money is coming from.
Yes I can. I'm just really afraid of my application getting rejected but I know I shouldn't be because my parents have enough money in their bank account. You know how in the form there's a section where you can choose who is going to be paying your expenses. So if I choose parents and show my parent's bank statement that should be enough right? Does it matter if the bank account isn't canadian and the funds aren't in canadian dollars?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Yes I can. I'm just really afraid of my application getting rejected but I know I shouldn't be because my parents have enough money in their bank account. You know how in the form there's a section where you can choose who is going to be paying your expenses. So if I choose parents and show my parent's bank statement that should be enough right? Does it matter if the bank account isn't canadian and the funds aren't in canadian dollars?
Not sure if you got what I was suggesting. I'm saying basically pay the entire tuition for the year to your school and provide proof of payment (receipts/student balance/transaction) as well have 15000 (minimum) in your parents's or your account.

hkkh

Mar 27, 2020
Not sure if you got what I was suggesting. I'm saying basically pay the entire tuition for the year to your school and provide proof of payment (receipts/student balance/transaction) as well have 15000 (minimum) in your parents's or your account.
How am I supposed to pay the tuition for the year when Fall 2020/Winter 2021 semester hasn't even started yet? This is my fourth in university and I need one more year to finish to I'm trying to extend my study permit (which expires this year in a few months) until next year. Sorry if this wasn't clear earlier.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I have a question about the proof of financial support document and I've looked everywhere online and can't find the answer to my specific situation. So I'm just going to ask here and see if anyone has an answer.

I'm an international student and my parents pay for my expenses in Canada like tuition/rent etc. But they send the money to my sister who also lives with me and she's the one who pays for those things. Is it enough if I give my parent's bank statement only? But UofA accepts tuition payments online if it's from a Canadian Bank Account which my parents don't have. If I give my sister's bank statement, I'll still have to give my parent's since that's where she got the money from. And since it's my sister's name on the bank account and not mine, would I have to provide extra documents that explain that she's my sister and she's the one paying for my expenses? But if I do that, would it complicate things and would they ask for things like her status in Canada as well?
For extensions, they don't care much.
It's not like your initial SP.

I submitted my brothers statement.
Also I've seen people applying for SP extension with mere, $3000 in their accounts.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018

You also don't have to show "Source of Funding" like your initial SP.
That's only to get rid of people who just want to "move" to Canada. i.e not genuine students.

Are you working in Canada ?