+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP! IS MY DIPLOMA CONSIDERED TWO YEARS OR THREE YEARS?

Feb 5, 2019
Hi all,

I'll give a brief description first

I have a mechanical engineering technology diploma.

The original program includes 4 semesters (2 years in total with summer breaks). However, I have failed some classes, which resulted in a year extend (so 6 semesters). I also had to extend my study permit by 1 year.

The diploma certificate I received states - 'Mechanical Engineering Techology'. I started in Sep 2015 and finished in May 2018.

My question is, Would this be considered as a 3 year diploma or 2 year?

bhupiister

Dec 22, 2018
It would be considered 2 years diploma only. Plus if this diploma is done outside canada, you need to get your assessment done by WES/IQAS. If they consider it as equivalent to 2 years diploma of canada then you may get points for that. Without Assessment you can be sure about nothing.

Feb 5, 2019
It would be considered 2 years diploma only. Plus if this diploma is done outside canada, you need to get your assessment done by WES/IQAS. If they consider it as equivalent to 2 years diploma of canada then you may get points for that. Without Assessment you can be sure about nothing.
Thanks! It's from Canada

bhupiister

Dec 22, 2018
Thanks! It's from Canada
If its canada then no need for assessment. And It must be written on your Diploma certificate as well. Course duration is always mentioned on certificates. You cannot consider extra year that you took to complete as a year of your curriculum.
I hope that helps.

Feb 5, 2019
If its canada then no need for assessment. And It must be written on your Diploma certificate as well. Course duration is always mentioned on certificates. You cannot consider extra year that you took to complete as a year of your curriculum.
I hope that helps.
Thanks, yes it does!