+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help: Interview at the Border

WayToronto

May 10, 2019
I would like to seek help for advice regarding my landing through Rainbow Bridge today. I was asked for a secondary review by an officer of CSBA, which took hours. The office typed my answers mostly regarding the residency obligation. I'd like to know,

(1) What's the next step? Will this interview record go to IRPA?

(2) Will IRPA contact me for a formal determination of residency obligation? How soon could that be?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
So that form is a statutory declaration of the statements and questions and answers you asked and provided. Generally used in Court or IRB proceeding to supplement the notes entered in the FOSS system. Hard to say if IRCC will investigate further, but it's very, very likely they have made notes on your immigration file and may have forwarded the file to IRCC for further investigation. You just going to have to wait and see. If they didn't hand you a copy of a an A44(1) form, you are in better shape than if they did.

Reactions: WayToronto

WayToronto

May 10, 2019
So that form is a statutory declaration of the statements and questions and answers you asked and provided. Generally used in Court or IRB proceeding to supplement the notes entered in the FOSS system. Hard to say if IRCC will investigate further, but it's very, very likely they have made notes on your immigration file and may have forwarded the file to IRCC for further investigation. You just going to have to wait and see. If they didn't hand you a copy of a an A44(1) form, you are in better shape than if they did.
Thank you! So if I stay 2 two years afterwards I will be safe? Is it okay to apply for a new card now? I told them the truth of not living in Canada enough and H&C grounds, also I got a job offer.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Difficult to say, but I suspect that you dodged being reported. I would, however, avoid any further contact with IRCC or CBSA for at least 2 years until you are compliant with RO. If you apply for a new PR card now, you will be reassessed based on the application date and you may find the VO isn't quite as forgiving or understanding of you reasons for failing to meet RO.

WayToronto

May 10, 2019
Difficult to say, but I suspect that you dodged being reported. I would, however, avoid any further contact with IRCC or CBSA for at least 2 years until you are compliant with RO. If you apply for a new PR card now, you will be reassessed based on the application date and you may find the VO isn't quite as forgiving or understanding of you reasons for failing to meet RO.
Thank you for your reply! I really appreciate that.