+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help: impact of changes in family on sponsorship application

sunnysun

Jul 16, 2013
Hello,

My application to sponsor my parents has been approved, but my parents haven't got the visa yet.

I'm pregnant and we'll have our second child in 8 months. Based on current situation, I don't think they will get the visa before the baby's arrival.

I'm worried if the sponsorship will be canceled and re-evaluated because of changes in my circumstance. I know I have to report to CIC after the baby is born, but just don't know what will happen and how big the impact would be. My income is enough to cover one more child in the family, but I'm afraid my case will be re-evaluated anyway—that means anther 3 years to wait... :'(

Can anyone please share some light? Thank you very much!!

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Technically you should tell them but many haven't, since its after approval - now its upto you if you want to and it won't add anything to your timeline, you can offer latest income papers to prove that. What is your date or application and where is the file?
I am 2008 and still waiting and this file does take a long time so meanwhile I suggest you invite them on visitor visa, it doesn't affect anything ( my folks are here since 1 year + 1 year ext as well )

crimoqui

Jul 9, 2013
HI Sunnysun...

IM happy to hear your parents sponsorship its been accepted.
Im going through the same process, im sponsoring my parents and so far ive only received the letter requesting for more documents. Since you received your acceptance, would you be so great to give me some clues, how the "acceptance" letter is and what do they exactly say?. Doyou know if they check your current situation even tho i sent my application in 2009?
I hope is not a big deal to ask you for that, but considering you are a step ahead, would you shate the letter they sent when they accept you as sponsor?, did they request you for more documents before accepting your sponsoring? how long after you had to wait to hear back from them with the acceptance.

My case is also a little bit complicated as I havent updated some currents circumstances after I sent my application in 2009 (in regards of income, and cosigner), just as you im afraid my application can be re evaluated.

Thanks so much.