+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help! I just apply for the PR visa under PNP stream. but I got fired...

laikayung

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
I just apply for the PR visa under PNP stream. but today I got fired..
I am so confused right now and I dont know what to do...
Can I still stay in Canada and look for a new employer?
Or I have to leave the country right away..
Anyone know what can I do..?

Please help..

Whats happening

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
laikayung said:
I just apply for the PR visa under PNP stream. but today I got fired..
I am so confused right now and I dont know what to do...
Can I still stay in Canada and look for a new employer?
Or I have to leave the country right away..
Anyone know what can I do..?

Please help..
Hi ,
i am in the same boat as you. I know for a fact that you can stay in canada.
if you have an open work permit then it should not be a problem
if you have a closed work permit then you can stay in canada and either wait for your Pr or find an employer in the same province and apply for for new work permit( it would be easy since you can get a letter from your provincial government to bypass the labour market opinion.
Im getting laid of end of April, my WP is closed and the field i am in there is no jobs for me in my province.

laikayung

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
Whats happening said:
Hi ,
if you have a closed work permit then you can stay in canada and either wait for your Pr or find an employer in the same province and apply for for new work permit( it would be easy since you can get a letter from your provincial government to bypass the labour market opinion.
Im getting laid of end of April, my WP is closed and the field i am in there is no jobs for me in my province.
Thanks so much for your reply...! but aww that's pretty sad to hear...so I can still stay in Canada and look for a new employer? mine is a closed work permit... Will they just throw away my application knowing that I got laid off? I think I should notify PNP ASAP about the change of employment.. Coz as for me, I just submitted my PR application.. and they haven't even filed it yet..I was thinking to go back to my country then apply for CEC.. but there is one condition that you have to have a tem resident status to apply for the CEC.. I am not sure if that is true... keep me posted with your app!!! thanks buddy!

laikayung

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
Whats happening said:
Hi ,
And also, since I am a BC nominate, will it help with the LMO application if I can find a new job?

anser0131

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2012
Doc's Request.
09-11-2012
Nomination.....
13-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-02-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
14-03-2013 "Med Received" 11-04-2013 "In Process" 10-05-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04-07-2013 "Decision Made" 08-07-2013
You can stay in Canada until your closed work permit expires. However, if you need to work(which you do in order to make PNP valid), you will need your new employer to get LMO and get a new work permit. You will also need to notify the PNP office as well as CIO regarding the work situation.

laikayung

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
anser0131 said:
You can stay in Canada until your closed work permit expires. However, if you need to work(which you do in order to make PNP valid), you will need your new employer to get LMO and get a new work permit. You will also need to notify the PNP office as well as CIO regarding the work situation.
So does it mean that before I start working for my new employer, I will need to get the LMO and a new work permit? it doesnt really work as I know the LMO application usually take months..who will hire a person that cannot work immediately and do all the stuffs to get him a new work permit..?

anser0131

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2012
Doc's Request.
09-11-2012
Nomination.....
13-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-02-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
laikayung said:
So does it mean that before I start working for my new employer, I will need to get the LMO and a new work permit? it doesnt really work as I know the LMO application usually take months..who will hire a person that cannot work immediately and do all the stuffs to get him a new work permit..?
Yes you are correct, it could be months before you can work for the employer.

If I were you, I would start my CEC application now and notify PNP and CIO that my PNP nomination is no longer valid. You can choose to stay here until your closed work permit expires and apply for visit record to extend your stay.

csponline

Aug 12, 2010
chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
Nomination.....
cc charged on : 12-12-12
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Med's Request
20-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013 (Official Landing)
laikayung said:

Canadian govt. introduced ALMO (http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/almo/factsheet.shtml) to speed up the LMO process. You can check the link. One of my friend got his LMO in 1 month.

thanks,
csp

laikayung

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
anser0131 said:
Yes you are correct, it could be months before you can work for the employer.

If I were you, I would start my CEC application now and notify PNP and CIO that my PNP nomination is no longer valid. You can choose to stay here until your closed work permit expires and apply for visit record to extend your stay.
Thanks for your information! So is it for sure that the CIC will still process my application? I considered the CEC too, but I am not sure if I can still apply for it if I am not in the country. Coz there is no point for me to stay in canada without working.. I would prefer to apply for the CEC in my country. but the thing is, I only have 1 year canadian work experience, am I still legible for the CEC?

laikayung

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
csponline said:
Canadian govt. introduced ALMO (http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/almo/factsheet.shtml) to speed up the LMO process. You can check the link. One of my friend got his LMO in 1 month.

thanks,
csp
one of the criteria is that the employer have been issued at least one positive LMO in the previous two years. This is pretty hard to find....

anser0131

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2012
Doc's Request.
09-11-2012
Nomination.....
13-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-02-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
laikayung said:
Thanks for your information! So is it for sure that the CIC will still process my application? I considered the CEC too, but I am not sure if I can still apply for it if I am not in the country. Coz there is no point for me to stay in canada without working.. I would prefer to apply for the CEC in my country. but the thing is, I only have 1 year canadian work experience, am I still legible for the CEC?
Your application under PNP will be no longer valid since PNP is employer driven. You should notify BCPNP and CIO as soon as possible - before your employer does. If you don't, chances are you will not be allowed to apply for PR permanently hence you will not have a chance to apply for CEC either.

When did you start working in Canada? You only need 1 year work experience(~1600hours) to apply now. You can apply CEC anywhere, doesn't matter where you live as long as you have 1 year Canadian work experience.

laikayung

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
anser0131 said:
Your application under PNP will be no longer valid since PNP is employer driven. You should notify BCPNP and CIO as soon as possible - before your employer does. If you don't, chances are you will not be allowed to apply for PR permanently hence you will not have a chance to apply for CEC either.

When did you start working in Canada? You only need 1 year work experience(~1600hours) to apply now. You can apply CEC anywhere, doesn't matter where you live as long as you have 1 year Canadian work experience.
I have another question... do I have to provide prove documents on my work experience for the CEC application? I am sure that I can get the letter from my last boss who I worked for for nine months(40hours per week), but for the first half year (6 months) working in Canada, maybe I cant get a letter back from that boss.. thanks for your answear again!

anser0131

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2012
Doc's Request.
09-11-2012
Nomination.....
13-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-02-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
laikayung said:
I have another question... do I have to provide prove documents on my work experience for the CEC application? I am sure that I can get the letter from my last boss who I worked for for nine months(40hours per week), but for the first half year (6 months) working in Canada, maybe I cant get a letter back from that boss.. thanks for your answear again!
Yes you do need letters from your past employers. You would need to attach a letter and explain to VO why you cannot obtain a letter from that 6 months employer. Also your work experience needs to be under 0,A and B as well. The other thing you need is the language test, which shouldn't be a problem.

Whats happening

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
This LMO requirement can be waived if you are approved by the PNP. all you need to do is call you provincial government and ask them for a letter stating that you are approved by the PNP. with that letter, your new employer should apply for a WP straight away with that letter. I have personal experience with this in Nova Scotia. Also your BCPNP is invalid only if your employer sponsored you..other streams such as international grad stream . international post-grad etc does not require employer sponsoring..before you do anything please make sure what people are saying in the forum is true.

laikayung

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
anser0131 said:
Yes you do need letters from your past employers. You would need to attach a letter and explain to VO why you cannot obtain a letter from that 6 months employer. Also your work experience needs to be under 0,A and B as well. The other thing you need is the language test, which shouldn't be a problem.
Oh that sucks, I'm for sure not getting any letter from my first boss, coz they were paying me by tax and it didnt file on tax... what should I say about it then..I think maybe I should just put what I say on my PNP app that I worked part time in that company( in fact I worked crazy hours like 14 hours a day)... but for my last job, I worked 8 hours a day for 10 months 40 hours per week in total, so it's still more then 1600 hours. do you think it will still work?? please answer................ thanks......