+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help............i dont understand

Selena

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Your spouse's application was received in our office on October 12, 2009. Our objective is to finalize these cases within 6 months of the date of receipt. Routine cases, where all the required information is submitted with the application, are handled even more quickly. However, if further checks are required, finalizing the case might take longer. Does this mean that within 6 months of the receipt which I got when I paid??? I dont understand...plz help

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, it means 6 months from the date the visa post received the application. Use the date of the letter you are quoting as day 1.

Ssarah183

Star Member
Jun 5, 2009
Whatever you just quoted, if it was a letter or something you saw online, states:

Your spouse's application was received in our office on October 12, 2009. Our objective is to finalize these cases within 6 months of the date of receipt.

The date of receipt is when they received it so in this instance it is October 12. They hope to have it finished within 6 months from October 12th.

As it also says in the letter or whatever you quoted they can finish it quicker than 6 months as long as everything is in order and they don't need any more documents.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Like Sarah, I assumed you were quoting a letter. You got that information from somewhere. In any event, applications processing times start from the date the application is received/began processing at the visa post, not CPC Mississauga or the date you paid the fees.