+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help. I applied for PGWP online on the expiry date but the cic said the received date is one day after.

zziej

Apr 14, 2021
I applied for PGWP today (April 30), which is also the last day of my study permit. I submitted the application and received messages immediately. There was April 30 on the left corner of the letter but it also said the application received date is May 1. Please help! Is my application submission time still April 30?
I have sent explanation through webform.

Last edited:

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
anyone ever had similar issues

It all depends when the application is taken into the system. There have been many cases where the application was dated for next day. Why did you wait till last moment ?

Have you been working?

zziej

Apr 14, 2021
It all depends when the application is taken into the system. There have been many cases where the application was dated for next day. Why did you wait till last moment ?

Have you been working?
I've been waiting for my grades. I stopped working after my study permit expired.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I've been waiting for my grades. I stopped working after my study permit expired.
IRCC may reject your application based on technicality, there have been people who were denied for that specific reason. I'd say wait for IRCC's response.

zziej

Apr 14, 2021
IRCC may reject your application based on technicality, there have been people who were denied for that specific reason. I'd say wait for IRCC's response.
thank you. i just received a email saying my application status changed. i checked and nothing changed. I guess I will apply for restoring to student status and pgwp at the same time again if my application is rejected.

zziej

Apr 14, 2021
I also saw one person has the same issue and got the work permit approved eventually. I guess there is a small chance that my application won't be rejected due to this.