+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP GAY REFUGEE CITIZENSHIP REVOKE

samuil

Feb 26, 2016
Hi,
My friend received his citizenship 10 years ago as gay refugee(before he had PR for few years). If he turns straight and sponsors a woman from another country, can he get his citizenship revoked? He wants to have children and start a family as he is getting older. Your help is appreciated.

Reactions: Adouboy

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I suppose it's possible CIC could stay he obtained his status in Canada through misrepresentation and re-open his file. Hard to say for certain. Getting married to a woman and sponsoring her would probably carry some risk.

Explorers

Star Member
Nov 17, 2015
There is no such thing as "turning straight", so CIC will never believe that he is (was?) genuine and can charge both sides with a fraud.

TheMaze

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Couldn't he just claim he was bisexual? I would expect (though do not know) that that would also be eligible for refugee status if he is coming from a country where being gay is persecuted?

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
I don't see any problem in this as any person has the full right to marry any one no matter he is a gay or straight. Yes a person might had claimed protection being a gay as he might be facing threats or problem being identify as a gay at that particular time, And there is no law which can stop a gay to marry an opposite sex. The fact will remain established even after getting married to a opposite that he is or was a gay or had been facing difficulties/persecution due to his sex/gender preferences.there are lots of people who consider them self gays and are still married and having childrens with an opposite sex.

2ndly just/only being a gay can never be the main/only reason of getting accepted as a protected person, the claimaint must prove that he is in life threating situation and cannot return back to his country.

That's just my opinion in this issue, if anyone else wanted to comment

Reactions: Rakib hasan

TheMaze

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Here's another way to look at it. If your friend had come as the partner of a straight person, gotten their citizenship while married and divorced, would he still be concerned? Assuming it was a legitimate relationship, of course not.

If your friend did identify as gay at the time, and can document this in some way (past same-sex relationships, etc) it's not fraudulent, so I don't see the problem. Of course, if your friend wasn't gay and was gaming the system, it could be an issue.

pultyn

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
There is no way they can tell if he was a gay or not. Maybe he turned to be straight again and found out boobs are more interesting :)

It's funny casa though. He can be sure they will look very close how his relationship with woman bloom.

denrus89

Mar 3, 2016
kriv said:
I don't see any problem in this as any person has the full right to marry any one no matter he is a gay or straight. Yes a person might had claimed protection being a gay as he might be facing threats or problem being identify as a gay at that particular time, And there is no law which can stop a gay to marry an opposite sex. The fact will remain established even after getting married to a opposite that he is or was a gay or had been facing difficulties/persecution due to his sex/gender preferences.there are lots of people who consider them self gays and are still married and having childrens with an opposite sex.

2ndly just/only being a gay can never be the main/only reason of getting accepted as a protected person, the claimaint must prove that he is in life threating situation and cannot return back to his country.

That's just my opinion in this issue, if anyone else wanted to comment
I totally agree! Being gay and having kids at the same with the opposite sex is totally fine, common and legitimate.
Last time I checked, two guys cannot make a baby (or two ladies). So I don't see why it would be fraudulent. He can be gay, but he wants to have kids - I don't see any problem in that!

But it should not be perceived as "turning straight" as I believe there is no such a thing. If your friend is gay and he wants a baby - that's great, but it doesn't make him straight!
You can't become straight. It's not a choice. I think it was proven a long time ago - homosexuality is not a choice, but something that comes with birth/genes.

Reactions: Yelsew

rainbowbee

Sep 9, 2015
denrus89 said:
I totally agree! Being gay and having kids at the same with the opposite sex is totally fine, common and legitimate.
Last time I checked, two guys cannot make a baby (or two ladies). So I don't see why it would be fraudulent. He can be gay, but he wants to have kids - I don't see any problem in that!

But it should not be perceived as "turning straight" as I believe there is no such a thing. If your friend is gay and he wants a baby - that's great, but it doesn't make him straight!
You can't become straight. It's not a choice. I think it was proven a long time ago - homosexuality is not a choice, but something that comes with birth/genes.
There are other ways to get a child, you don't need to marry opposite sex to have a child, it's just ridiculous.

I can agree that there is no such thing as "Turning Straight", probably he abused a refugee system before and now hoping that it will stay unnoticed. But I am sure if he tries to sponsor a woman, he will get more attention from CIC ;)

That always angers me when people like that are getting away with this, while there are legitimate gay refugees trying to escape to safety and have a normal life!! :mad: It also makes it harder for others to get accepted!