+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help - For study permit extention and WORK permit - Transcripts needed?

visacoming

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
So,
Scenario-

When I apply for extension of study permit, do I need to attach transcripts of the program I wish to continue?
I ask because I did use CIC's online tool for study permit extension , but transcripts is not under the list of documents.

However, I read some old threads and it seems that people seem to have been rejected for study permit extension due to low grades, which leads to me to the original question- Do I need to submit transcripts even though it wasn't mentioned in the list of documents?

==========================================================================================
Apart from that,
Do I need to attach transcripts while applying for the work permit, or just the document that says Diploma awarded?

My case is- I started a program and left it after 4 months, started the new one immediately and completed it,and applying for PGWP based on that.

Assuming I need to send over the transcripts, do I have to also attach the transcripts of my old program as well which I quit in 1 semester?

Please help me with this...

Thank you guys..

Take care :)

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

visacoming said:
So,
Scenario-

When I apply for extension of study permit, do I need to attach transcripts of the program I wish to continue?
I ask because I did use CIC's online tool for study permit extension , but transcripts is not under the list of documents.

However, I read some old threads and it seems that people seem to have been rejected for study permit extension due to low grades, which leads to me to the original question- Do I need to submit transcripts even though it wasn't mentioned in the list of documents?

==========================================================================================
Apart from that,
Do I need to attach transcripts while applying for the work permit, or just the document that says Diploma awarded?

My case is- I started a program and left it after 4 months, started the new one immediately and completed it,and applying for PGWP based on that.

Assuming I need to send over the transcripts, do I have to also attach the transcripts of my old program as well which I quit in 1 semester?

Thank you guys..

1. It's optional to submit transcript for SP or PGWP.
2. It's not a business of CIC to look after your grades, it's purely a matter between you and your school. CIC is more interested to see the time you take to finish the course, and any significant gaps in between which they already aware of. After June 2014 (with the new DLI system), schools are bound to report the enrollment status of students to CIC.

visacoming

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
J5M said:
2. It's not a business of CIC to look after your grades, it's purely a matter between you and your school. CIC is more interested to see the time you take to finish the course, and any significant gaps in between which they already aware of. After June 2014 (with the new DLI system), schools are bound to report the enrollment status of students to CIC.
Hi,
Thank you very much for your response. That helps a lot.

However, you say they are interested in the time I took to complete the program.

My program - 24 months.

But since I was at University I took many extras and completed it in 16 months.

Does that mean I get just 16 months PGWP, or that they see just 16 months of study - or do I get 3 years PGWP?

Thank you again and take care :)

@Kaur48

Sep 22, 2019
So,
Scenario-

Apart from that,

Thank you guys..

Hi dear,
Do you know where to attach transcripts?