+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help for medical examination

dentistusa

Star Member
Apr 9, 2009
Hello guys..

My wife will sponsor me and we are planing to send our file next week,

I am Libyan living with student temporary visa in USA,

can i start and do my medical examination from now?
or i should wait until they will send me the form of medical ex-?

because i called the medical centers eligible to make my exam there,the closest to my city,whoich i got them from immigration website,
but everyone asked me a different form to bring it with me!!!!!

so please advise me ,and send me the requested form which will be 100% for my case.

Thanks in advance

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
First of all the required medical form you need to complete is part of the application [part 3]. Read the Guides, they will help you well.

As for your medical, it should be done last. It's good for 3 months, and has to reach the CPC-M before it expires.

There is only one form you need to bring for CANADIAN IMMIGRATION, in addition to 5 photos. [When calling places, make sure they know what you are doing the medical for...] Read the guide well, it spells everything out well.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
I'm sure Rasha meant the police certifcate lol :p I think we are all getting brain farts from the waiting :))

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Boncuk said:
I'm sure Rasha meant the police certifcate lol :p I think we are all getting brain farts from the waiting :))
haha Brain farts it is.. sorry guys. Medical is 12 months, police [finger prints] clearance 3 months. LOL thank you Boncuk :D.

dentistusa

Star Member
Apr 9, 2009
Thanks all

Rasha can you please send me the form or the guide to print the form and make appointment for medical examination?

because as i understood of your reply that i can do it from now,even before send our documents to Missourian.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
dentistusa said:
Thanks all

Rasha can you please send me the form or the guide to print the form and make appointment for medical examination?

because as i understood of your reply that i can do it from now,even before send our documents to Missourian.
The form you are looking for is on the CIC website, part 3 is specific to the area that you are from....

This is the first page and location of the immigration forms: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

This is the page for part 3, which is what Libya [where you are from is included in]:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3912e.pdf

dentistusa

Star Member
Apr 9, 2009
Thank you Rasha,

i read the guide,so i should print the Appendix C and take 5 photos,and any photo ID
then after making appointment i can go to the medical center which i got from the list of immigration?

can i do this from now?and will they send my medical examination to Canada or i will do this?

Thanks

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
dentistusa said:
Thank you Rasha,

i read the guide,so i should print the Appendix C and take 5 photos,and any photo ID
then after making appointment i can go to the medical center which i got from the list of immigration?

can i do this from now?and will they send my medical examination to Canada or i will do this?

Thanks
We did our medical closer to when we were sending in the application, to give it the most amount of time possible. I'ts good for a year...but some of that time will be absorbed in the actual sponsorship process, and once you get the approval, you have within that year of your medical stil being 'current' to actually land...so if you do your medical too soon - are delayed to send in your application, etc... you will have less time on the other end of the acceptance to get your affairs in order, and complete your landing. Also, some people did their medicals so early, they expired during the processing of their applications, and they had to redo the medical....so think ahead and save yourself some money.

Really, it's entirely up to you, but we planned ahead and made the medical and police clearance the last things that we did just prior to sending our application in.

As for your medical...ALL medicals go to Regional Medical Centre in London (I believe it is) for processing. The doctor you see will send it, and this fee to send it is included in the medical exam fee.

There is an appendix C which details what the photos should look like. My husband used his passport as his ID - but that's about it.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Well these are the available medical offices it look like it depends where the DMP is sending from. It's possible Rasha that ours went to Kenya? Because its from Africa? what do you think?

Regional Medical Offices
Beijing
Overseas Health Management Services
Canadian Embassy
19 Dongzhimenwai Dajie
Chaoyang District
Beijing, People’s Republic of China 100600
Fax: +86 10 5139 4467

London
High Commission of Canada / Haut-commissariat du Canada
MacDonald House
38 Grosvenor Street
London, England W1K 4AA
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7258

Manila
Overseas health Management Services
The Canadian Embassy
Level 7 Tower 2 RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayal Avenue, Makati City
0707, Philippines
Fax: +632 843 1103

Nairobi
Limuru Road, Gigiri
P.O. Box 1013 - 00621
Nairobi, Kenya
Fax: +254 20 366 3445

New Delhi
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi 110021, India
Fax: +91 11 41782020

Ottawa
Ottawa Regional Medical Office
Health Management Branch
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Ave. West, 3rd floor
Ottawa, ON K1A 1L1
Canada
Fax: +1 613 954 6211

Paris
The Canadian Embassy
35 Montaigne Ave.
75008 Paris, France
Fax: +33 1 44 43 29 83

Port of Spain
Maple House, Tatil Centre
3–3A Sweet Briar Road
P.O. Box 1295
Port of Spain
Trinidad, W.I.
Fax: +1 868 628 6993

Singapore
1 George Street, # 11-01
Singapore 049145
Fax: +65 6854 5911

Vienna
The Canadian Embassy
Laurenzerberg 2/3A-1010
A-1010 Vienna
Austria
Fax: +43 1 531 38 3912

dentistusa

Star Member
Apr 9, 2009
Thanks guys,,

Actually i will apply from USA as i told you before,so i tried to find the center to go and make examination from here :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx

i selected the country: USA,then state: OHIO,then city : COLUMBUS where i am living now.

so the search gave me the closest centers to my city because no Designated Medical Practitioners in Columbus.
and they are in Cincinnati city in the same state.

is what i did right?

and about Boncuk ..do you mean the Designated Medical Practitioners will send my examination results to the closest office from the list you posted? which is mean in Ottawa i think ?

Please help and i appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Amir62

Feb 10, 2015
Istanbul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI guys
I would be appreciated if you can give me some sort of information regarding my question
I suffered from MS disease (Multiple sclerosis) and I am preparing required documents to apply Canada express entry.
I would like to know there is possible that my sickness get refuse me in medical examination or not ?
Thank you for your prompt answer

ifeedly

Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately, Yes.

However I would recommend you talk to somebody who can file a case for you as it seems that at least one person on this forum Landed after being refused and he challenged the refusal in federal court.

Try sending a PM to computergeek as he may know more about it.
Read his previous posts first. :)