+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help for “Further review”

Nonameforthis

Aug 30, 2019
Hello to everyone on this forum.
I am very new to this forum and have a question. If anyone could help, it would be great. Thanks in advance.
I applied for citizenship last year in April 2018. So far I have gotten nothing regarding any communication from IRCC. My application went in process in August 2018 and since then nothing has happened. I keep calling the call centre and they say there is a backlog in Scarborough office. I went to the MP office several times and last told me that they have been advised that my application needs FURTHER REVIEW . When I applied it, I thought my application is straight forward . I really don’t understand what is going on. I am a single applicant from Toronto. More than 17 months with no test invitation. Can anyone help or experienced the same situation. Thanks again.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Sounds like they are doing a deeper background/security check. Have you applied for your GCMS notes? Is there anything in your background that can cause an issue - any travel to countries with a history of security issues, for example? Or were you ever in the army of your home country (military service?)

Nonameforthis

Aug 30, 2019
Sounds like they are doing a deeper background/security check. Have you applied for your GCMS notes? Is there anything in your background that can cause an issue - any travel to countries with a history of security issues, for example? Or were you ever in the army of your home country (military service?)
Thank you very much for your response. I ordered GCMS and there is no issues. It says security passed criminality passed. I have no travel to any country with security issues. Do you have any idea about how long it is going to take??? No military duty in the past.

sweetcute123

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-09-2016
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
24-01-2017
Thank you very much for your response. I ordered GCMS and there is no issues. It says security passed criminality passed. I have no travel to any country with security issues. Do you have any idea about how long it is going to take??? No military duty in the past.
less than a year

Reactions: Nonameforthis

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How long had you been in Canada in that 5 year period when you applied.