+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help ! Few questions about TRV application

PapeCancer

Jul 20, 2012
Hello everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen and working as website developer in Canada. My spouse who is living outside Canada is going to apply for TRv to visit me . But he is unemployed for recent few months, he doesnt own any business either . He has $5000 in his saving account and I have around $13000 in my account. I have few questions that I am concerning
1. Is it possible for him to apply for TRV ? I know that finance does matter but I still hope we have a chance
2. Should we apply for visiting over 6 months or below 6 months ? Which option has higher possibility to get accepted ?
3. And should we apply for multiple entry visa ?
4. We are planning on extending his stay to submit PR application inside Canada . So is it ok to extend as visitor ? And what are requirements ?
5. How do we provide "Itinerary, Travel" document ? We are not buying any flight tickets until we get a visa , so is there any replaced document can be used ?
6. What do I provide for "Purpose of Travel " and "Invitation Letter" documents ?

Thank you for your help. I appreciate that :)

sshh13

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Hi!

I have quite a similar situation, but still there were some differences. My husband is a Canadian citizen. I do not have a job in my home country, because last year we were living together in third country, where I could not work due to the immigration policies. We did not start sponsorship process for me yet (there are certain circumstances). And I applied for a TRV recently and successfully got it. I will try to answer your questions. Please note, that this is just my opinion based on own experience, still I am not an expert.

1. Yes, you can apply for TRV, but be aware that according to your situation, the chances that it will be approved are very low. You said, he has no job. And he does not have much money on his account. That s definitely is going to work against you. You husband has to show the proofs that he will not stay in Canada illegally for the whole time and will leave the country within the allowance of his visa. Usually the job in the home country would work as such kind of proof, but he does not have it. In my situation we had a very strong proof that I will leave the country in an exact date and it worked even though I am unemployed. Otherwise the chances will be almost zero.

2. Depends on your own situation. Of course it will be better, if it s a short visit (less than 6 months). In my situation I was applying for a long-term stay (10 months). As I said, we had a strong proof that I will leave the country on a certain date, but that date was after 10 months since my intended arrival. So for us it was easier to prove the fact in longterm matter. But as i said, we have a quite specific situation. For most of the people it s easier to show proofs for a short visit. Also, be aware that the medical exam is required for some countries in case of longterm visit (more than 6 months). I passed such an exam. You can check the list of those countries on CIC website.

3. Yes, better if you apply for multiple visa

4. In my opinion, I would do quite opposite. First - apply for PR and only after you will approved as a sponsor, apply for visitor visa. But answering you question, yes, it is possible to extend the stay as visitor inside Canada. Again, you have to prove that he will leave country in certain period and that s going to be difficult. You can check requirements on CIC website. There is a full guide for that.

5. You don't need to buy ticket in advance. What did I do: found an expected air ticket online, made its screenshot and inserted the picture in my document. Under the picture I wrote that this would be the ticket I will buy in case of positive answer. That will work for sure.

6. There is a full guide for an invitation letter http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/letter.asp You have to show the motivation in inviting your spouse. Explain it in the letter. As for Purpose of the travel - I did a cover letter and attached it to that folder. In this cover letter I explained the reasons why I need to go to Canada, i explained the reasons why we did not start a sponsorship process yet. I described our current relationship and how they were developing since we met each other. And of course, I gave the full explanation about the proofs that I will leave Canada after my visit. The letter should contain an explanation for every possible question which might pop up in VO head about your application.

As I have said before, if I were you, I would apply for sponsorship first and only after you will be approved as a sponsor, apply for regular visitor visa. The chances will be a bit better, otherwise you will need to explain why you have not started sponsorship yet.

Also here are a few tips:

1. Make sure to attach as much proofs of your relationship as you can: wedding photos, trips together, special events with friends and family members etc; emails, phone calls, receipts and so on
2. Since your spouse does not have a job, you have to be his sponsor. You will have to make a Letter of support and provide the documents showing that you can afford that
3. Insurance. When applying you will need to explain how you gonna deal with a medical assistance in case he will need it during his stay in Canada. In case of approval he has to show a valid insurance for immigration officer on the border.

PapeCancer

Jul 20, 2012
Hi sshh13,

Thank you so much for spending time to answer me. Your information is very detailed and your tips are helpful.

I hope you have a nice day :)

Thank you again :)

sshh13

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
PapeCancer said:
Hi sshh13,

Thank you so much for spending time to answer me. Your information is very detailed and your tips are helpful.

I hope you have a nice day :)

Thank you again :)
You are welcome! I hope it will work you! If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask

SoniFaheem

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2014 Alhamdolillah
File Transfer...
In Process 21-07-2015
Med's Request
22-07-2015 (re-med request) 17-Aug-2015 re-med DONE
Med's Done....
17-07-2014 (#1 done upfront)
Interview........
Decision Made 07-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
11-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-Sep-2015 Alhamdulillah!!
Hi PapeCancer,

I'm in a similar situation - except my husband is employed and also has a small business in our home country, while I am employed in Canada.
I'm just curious how your case turned out?