+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

!!Please HELP!! Express Entry Letters

nzto2019

Jun 14, 2020
Hi.
I worked 7 months at my previous job and I am at this job nearly for 5 months now.
My employer is working on LMIA (job ads are up) and at the same time I am preparing to apply for EE.
I have few questions just regarding the letters I need to get from the employers.

At this point, my understanding of getting letters from employers is
- Employment Reference Letter from both my Previous and Current employers
- Job Offer Letter (Offer of Employment) from Current employer

Q1. I am currently on IEC (open work permit), my visa will end next year February. Does my current employer must have LMIA for him to give me Offer of Employment?

Q2. If the current employer does not have LMIA, do I still need to get Job Offer Letter from employer?

Q3. Do I need Employment Reference Letters from all my previous work from overseas to prove my past work experiences? If not, what is required documents to prove my past work experience in overseas?

Q3. Is there any other required letters from the employers other than these?

Thank you so much for your help!

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Q3: get letters only for the work experience you’re claiming points for. The rest should go to personal history when you get your ITA

The following documents are mandatoryfor each work experience declared:
  • a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
  • if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
If the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips and notices of assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe [e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years]).