+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help expert advice needed marriage question

tomjaz04

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
I am CEC applicant CRS 476 not invited yet. I completed my 1.5 years job exp in skill B from toronto and after that i quit the job and left the canada in oct 2016. At the moment i m in INDIA my home country. My question is i have no plan to come back to canada before i get my PR although my work permit is valid till july 2017. So question are:

1. Am i still eligible for PR under CEC if i don't return to canada before that??

2. In the meantime i got engaged here can i also add her in my profile if we do get married will it effect my chances of PR (Apart from point loss that i'll have by adding spouse)??

Anybody please help!!!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Yes, you most certainly are still eligible.
2 - It won't affect your chances once you receive an ITA.

Cheers :)

tomjaz04

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Thanks for reply can you plz tell me what if got ITA before marrige and submit my appliction and after that i got married and my number got reduced. Then will my application got rejected??

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
The below reply "on getting married" had been posted previously by the expert on this forum "Asivad Anac" :

1. Get married when you want. The only IRCC requirement is that you state your marital status accurately in your application.
2. If you are married before submitting the post ITA application, you will be treated as a married applicant (misrepresentation if you declare yourself as 'single') and your points are calculated differently. The only exception being that you can classify your spouse as 'not accompanying' whereby your points will be calculated as a single applicant.
3. If you get married after e-APR but before you 'land' in Canada, your points won't be recalculated when your spouse is added to the current application. Adding a spouse wouldn't directly lead to refusal - it may happen if your spouse is inadmissible to Canada on medical and/or criminal/legal grounds. It may also happen if you don't have sufficient POF for the two of you. Else your spouse will be added to the current application - no IELTS, ECA needed for spouse. Passport, Medicals, PCC(s) required.
4. No real reason to wait for PPR before getting married. You can get married anytime after e-APR and add your spouse to the current application. Many forum members have done that successfully and got their PRs together with their spouse. It delays the process by 8 weeks or longer but that is still worth it because inland/outland spousal sponsorship can take 12 months or longer.

I hope this helps.

tomjaz04

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
If i'll stay out of canada at the time of ITA till PR will i be consider as CEC applicant or it'll chnge to FsW??
Still i need POF or not if i'll get married in the meantime??

tomjaz04

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
please reply my life is stuck here. I am gonna married and in my profile i'll declare my spouse is not accompany me is this a safe option. As i can later sponsor her.
Do you think its gonna effect my application??

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you read the posts above?

Yes, you're still eligible for CEC and for that program you do not need to show minimum funds.

Regarding your marriage, sushsmart already answered your question.

tomjaz04

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Thanks for reply but i got this email from my conslutant and afraid ??? confused also plz through light on this
"Ms. ***** says that the decision is ultimately yours. But our suggestion is that if you can wait to get married later, that will be better as you do not want to jeopardize your application in any way. "

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomjaz04 said:
Thanks for reply but i got this email from my conslutant and afraid ??? confused also plz through light on this
"Ms. ***** says that the decision is ultimately yours. But our suggestion is that if you can wait to get married later, that will be better as you do not want to jeopardize your application in any way. "

:eek: :eek: :eek:
With 476 points. it'll be a risk to get married now because your points will be calculated differently when you add a spouse to your profile. Recommend that you wait for an ITA, submit the application as a Single applicant, get married anytime after that but before you land in Canada and inckude your spouse in the application after that so that both of you will get PR together.

Also, consider finding another consultant. This one doesn't explain things at all.