+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help - Diploma Issued by Government of India not Recognised: Appl refused

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
I have now written to the Programme Manager for FSW Class Immigration at Canadian High Commission.

Provided lots of evidence etc from official Govet of India websites etc and asked for reconsideration.

Has anybody ever had a case officer's decision reversed by Programme Manager?

regards

Vanjali

Sep 7, 2010
Hi Captain

Can you please let me know what happened to your case in reagrds to your education points?Did they recognise your IHM diploma?

Please let me know?

Thanks
Vishal

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Vanjali

Long story! The answer, in short, is YES!

Dropping you a message. call the number in the message if you wish to discuss.

Regards

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Having read through this thread, I hope you will give the rest of us an abridged version of your success. It may be of great help to others facing similar situations. Everyone wants to hear good news these days. Hope you have time to share it here. Congratulations

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Pippin

The success followed a few simple but very time consuming steps. The complete story needs a bit of explanation which is difficult to put down in words precisely, but I shall try and draft up something and post in the next few days.

In the meantime, more than happy to speak in person to anybody who wishes to discuss in detail.

Just drop me a PM with your contact number and I shall call back.

Regards

mohammad76

Feb 9, 2010
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2007
Doc's Request.
01-11-2009
IELTS Request
01-11-2009
captain74 said:
cgefumang and rupeshhari

Thanks for your suggestions - there is a lot of merit on what you say.

I have already drafted a letter to the programme manager for the FSW section at CHC London pointing out al the facts and relevant sections of the Govt websites. The question is

Should I approach them directly or engage a lawyer to approach them on my behalf? Remember, they have refused the application and not mentioned any appeal rights etc.

What do you think?

regards
please can you give me programme manager for the FSW section at CHC London email id

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
captain74 said:
Hello All

I have applied for the FSW programme from UK (I am an Indian, with an Indian Passport, currently living in London, UK). My educational qualification is a 3 Year Diploma in Hotel Management from Institute of Hotel Management (IHM), PUSA, New Delhi, India.

Here is the problem - The diploma awarded by 'National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology' has not been recognised by the case officer at the Canadian High Commission in London and as a result she has refused my application. She has written in her response that she has not awarded me points for educational credentials as they do not meet R73 of IRPA which states

"educational credential" means any diploma, degree or trade or apprenticeship credential issued on the completion of a program of study or training at an educational or training institution recognized by the authorities responsible for registering, accrediting, supervising and regulating such institutions in the country of issue"

As most of the Indians on the forum will agree, there is no better Hotel Management Qualification in India than one from IHM. Besides, here are some key facts relevant to the case:

- IHM's are autonomous bodies under the administrative control of Ministry of Tourism, Government of India.
- IHM's run diploma and degree courses in Hotel Management under the Academic Direction/Supervision of 'National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology' - another autonomous body under administrative control of Government of India.

I am lost! here I am, with all transcripts for three years of study and the resulting diploma certificate which demonstrates that I have a Diploma and have completed a course of study. Further, the awarding body is, in effect, the Government of India (surely, since Goverment is the authority in any country, a Government Institute is de facto registered / recognised). And yet, for some reason, the case offices has judged this not to meet the requirements.

What should be my next steps? The refusal letter does not mention any appeal process etc - just flat resufal and that is it.

Can somebody lease help?! Anybody with similar experience -can you please share?

Many thanks and regards
With No offence, throughout the world, CIC London has the most strange style of working. I have seen similar cases like this and they do not follow the operational and technical manuals issued and updated regularly inside Local visa offices.

Write a letter to the Program office that you are not satisfied with their decision and want them to take a look at it again with some more information. Send them proof that it is recognized by the regulatory's in the issuing country then how can they not consider it. Its very bad.

Kindly fight for what is right and write to the program manager in CIC, London.

I hope your file is accepted soon.

Kindly update the reply and communication you get from the CIC London so that people can know and also if you get an unsatisfactory response from them, be prepared to write to the High Commissioner for Canada In UK and CC to Minister Immigration. Reason I am asking you to do is as its not correct what they have done.

Best of luck

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
mohammad76 said:
please can you give me programme manager for the FSW section at CHC London email id
Mohammad

I wrote a letter as I did not have a name or an email ID. I simple addressed the letter to 'The Programme Manager'.

Regards

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
rocky272727 said:
With No offence, throughout the world, CIC London has the most strange style of working. I have seen similar cases like this and they do not follow the operational and technical manuals issued and updated regularly inside Local visa offices.

Write a letter to the Program office that you are not satisfied with their decision and want them to take a look at it again with some more information. Send them proof that it is recognized by the regulatory's in the issuing country then how can they not consider it. Its very bad.

Kindly fight for what is right and write to the program manager in CIC, London.

I hope your file is accepted soon.

Kindly update the reply and communication you get from the CIC London so that people can know and also if you get an unsatisfactory response from them, be prepared to write to the High Commissioner for Canada In UK and CC to Minister Immigration. Reason I am asking you to do is as its not correct what they have done.

Best of luck
Thanks for the support Rocky

The case is now through and I am landing in Canada in the next coule of months.

It took a little help from a lawyer but the CHC London team were very open and constructive in their response to the case put forward by the lawyer on our behalf.

Regards

xenos

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear captain 74,
another point you have to consider is the year you got the degree-was your college recognised or not? because in private engineering, dental, pharmacy schools, the approval is yearly or for 2 years after which the colleges and facilities are reveiwed again to renew the accredition. so if your college got the accredition later may be the year you passed out they werent registered.

gags1411

Dec 16, 2016
captain74 said:
Vanjali

Long story! The answer, in short, is YES!

Dropping you a message. call the number in the message if you wish to discuss.

Regards
Hey Captain - I am a Hotel Management Student from IHM Chennai and am looking to process my PR through the FSW program. Insights and guidance from you will help understand the issues you faced and how you resolved them. Is there a way to catch up with you to talk in detail? Thanks in advance!

ngoud09

Jun 11, 2017
Thanks for the support Rocky

The case is now through and I am landing in Canada in the next coule of months.

It took a little help from a lawyer but the CHC London team were very open and constructive in their response to the case put forward by the lawyer on our behalf.

Regards
Captain,

I am facing same issue with my 3 year Diploma in hotel management from shri shakthi college of hotel mgmt [AICTE Approved ] . WES.org is declined the evaluation with this reason " The document was not received from the institution or the appropriate examining body that awarded the degree/diploma as required by WES " . Sealed transcripts was sent by college.

Can you please guide me how to move forward . with out Education evaluation i cannot justify the points for express entry .Please give your contact details so i can call . i am in canada now.

Phoenix75

Aug 16, 2017
Captain,

I am facing same issue with my 3 year Diploma in hotel management from shri shakthi college of hotel mgmt [AICTE Approved ] . WES.org is declined the evaluation with this reason " The document was not received from the institution or the appropriate examining body that awarded the degree/diploma as required by WES " . Sealed transcripts was sent by college.

Can you please guide me how to move forward . with out Education evaluation i cannot justify the points for express entry .Please give your contact details so i can call . i am in canada now.
Hey Ngoud09,
So finally did any of the assessment body (like WES or CES) gave you a positive assessment for your Hotel Management Diploma?
I am also in a similar situation. The only difference is that I am not a primary applicant.

ngoud09

Jun 11, 2017
Hey Ngoud09,
So finally did any of the assessment body (like WES or CES) gave you a positive assessment for your Hotel Management Diploma?
I am also in a similar situation. The only difference is that I am not a primary applicant.
Phoenix 75
Till now i didn't submit any updated documents to wes because my college is not autonamous, and getting it from AICTE is not easy. Its all dependency back home in india.Not sure how i can get the evaluation done from wes.

Jul 4, 2017
Hi guys,
After going through most of your posts here, I did not see anything regarding credential assessment by WES or any other body.
Did u get your certificate assessed before applying