+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help [Deferral after being issued study permit]

inkpot

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Please hear me out folks. So I received my study permit for January intake [Bachelor of Computer Science (4 year course)] and it is valid till 30/04/2023.

Since I've already missed 2 weeks of classes, my university told me to defer to next intake. Now I'm not sure if they would defer me to Summer term or Fall term. But I highly prefer Summer term because I don't wanna be too late to join.

So I got 2 questions:-

1) What should I do to extend the validity of study permit and when should I do that?

2) Can I apply to another University which offers Summer term? If yes, what would I have to do with my current study permit?

I would highly appreciate your help.

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please hear me out folks. So I received my study permit for January intake [Bachelor of Computer Science (4 year course)] and it is valid till 30/04/2023.

Since I've already missed 2 weeks of classes, my university told me to defer to next intake. Now I'm not sure if they would defer me to Summer term or Fall term. But I highly prefer Summer term because I don't wanna be too late to join.

So I got 2 questions:-

1) What should I do to extend the validity of study permit and when should I do that?

2) Can I apply to another University which offers Summer term? If yes, what would I have to do with my current study permit?

I would highly appreciate your help.
1. You can apply for extension towards the end of 2022.

2. You have to get a new study permit and go through the process all over again.

inkpot

Star Member
May 22, 2019
You have to get a new study permit and go through the process all over again.
Are you 100% sure about this? Some of the forum members told me that it's possible to update the current study permit with a new DLI number of the University.

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Are you 100% sure about this? Some of the forum members told me that it's possible to update the current study permit with a new DLI number of the University.
Yes you can go to application dashboard you will see there something like changing schools fill out that application

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Most universities will not offer a full course load in the summer and there is often still 1-2 months of vacation. I would suggest starting in the fall.