+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP! CONFUSED!

NAT.HAD

Jun 8, 2019
Hi there!
I’m hoping someone on this forum can help me out as I’m quite confused.
So my boyfriend or better said “common law partner” and I decided to apply for sponsorship after 4 years of being together. He is Canadian, I am European (Austrian). For the past 4 years I have been travelling back and forth to Canada to stay and live with him. As I was doing my bachelors degree online it gave me the freedom to stay 6 months at a time with him. Anyways my point is now he will be sponsoring me for the INLAND common law sponsorship as I am hoping of getting an open work permit by the time the application is fully processed. I am already planning on getting my medical checkup and police records done. The only thing that is worrying me is the biometrics. Am I eligible as an Austrian to give biometrics inside Canada for the inland common law sponsorship application or does it have to be in my home country Austria.
Here is the issue: if I start the application while I am in Canada i am advised to not leave the country until the application is processed, well then if I am only allowed to give biometrics in Austria how am I expected to do that?
Also if I start the application in Austria and give my biometrics in Austria how can I reenter Canada if the application clearly states not to have left during the application processing!
Please help!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there!
So my boyfriend or better said “common law partner” and I decided to apply for sponsorship after 4 years of being together. He is Canadian, I am European (Austrian). For the past 4 years I have been travelling back and forth to Canada to stay and live with him. As I was doing my bachelors degree online it gave me the freedom to stay 6 months at a time with him. Anyways my point is now he will be sponsoring me for the INLAND common law sponsorship as I am hoping of getting an open work permit by the time the application is fully processed. I am already planning on getting my medical checkup and police records done. The only thing that is worrying me is the biometrics. Am I eligible as an Austrian to give biometrics inside Canada for the inland common law sponsorship application or does it have to be in my home country Austria.
Here is the issue: if I start the application while I am in Canada i am advised to not leave the country until the application is processed, well then if I am only allowed to give biometrics in Austria how am I expected to do that?
Also if I start the application in Austria and give my biometrics in Austria how can I reenter Canada if the application clearly states not to have left during the application processing!
Please help!!!
Just to confirm, have you lived together continuously for at least one full year? (Continuously means that there shouldn't be any breaks in cohabitation greater than 2-3 weeks.)

Reactions: MuAn

NAT.HAD

Jun 8, 2019
Just to confirm, have you lived together continuously for at least one full year? (Continuously means that there shouldn't be any breaks in cohabitation greater than 2-3 weeks.)
Yes I travel mostly to visit my parents for around 2 weeks twice a year other than that I’ve been with him in Canada throughout the 4 years

MuAn

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
Hi there!
Please help!!!
There is no biometrics for inland also you need to wait until you get medical request from cic that will happen in the future.

Biometric

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=717&top=19

Medical

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

Last edited:

NAT.HAD

Jun 8, 2019
Thank you for your answer. Can I get the medical exam done in Canada?
As far as police record I’m sure I’ll have to get that from my home country (Austria), am I right?

MuAn

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
Thank you for your answer. Can I get the medical exam done in Canada?
As far as police record I’m sure I’ll have to get that from my home country (Austria), am I right?
Yes you can
for your immigration medical exam. Only Panel Physicians approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

Open the link to find where you can do it

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

must submit a valid police certificate for all countries (except Canada) in which you have lived for six months or more, since the age of 18.

Reactions: NAT.HAD

NAT.HAD

Jun 8, 2019
Yes you can
for your immigration medical exam. Only Panel Physicians approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

Open the link to find where you can do it

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

must submit a valid police certificate for all countries (except Canada) in which you have lived for six months or more, since the age of 18.
Thank you so so much
You have helped me tremendously
Have a great day :)